A3 8p air bag blowing 2004 bkd

Shoyle

Reaction score
Hey peeps as anyone ever ad problem wiv the passanger air bag seat blowing off n the curten riff bag cuming down while driving? I was jus driving on a road I drive on everyday n al of a sudden the loudest bag Eva poped my ear drum Gota go hospital :( n my passanger seat bag ad blown out n roof one n my car cut out ? So does anyone ever ad any trouble wiv there's n fink if I go audi they will no how it's happend

I'm clearly not 'down with the kids' anymore, as that post is almost impossible to read. English?

Reactions: peaky83 and Jet2004uk
Matt bruv, wot u not undastand??!

I think a rough translation is as follows:

Hello everyone,

I wondered, has anyone ever had the problem with the passenger airbag pyrotechnic device going off, causing the upper passenger airbag to deploy whilst driving...

I was most surprised, as a result it has damaged ones ear drum, as you might expect I was rather a tad shocked and dismayed.

Do you think if I pay the chaps down at Audi they would sort aforementioned issues out for me?

Kindest regards and thanks in advance old boy"

In reply to the original post, no they would be triggered by several sensors, I'm not saying it cant happen, however it is extremely unlikely/rare for it to happen i would imagine... Bad luck there chap, glad you're ok though. Except the ear... Get well soon!

Reactions: MattKeating
Deployed by side sensor. My wife and I were T-boned and turned over 3 times, but only the seat, side and roof airbags went off.
The fronts remained intact.

Clever, these car designers!