A3 8p 5 door sportback driver door wiring loom replacement

robbie_86

Reaction score
Looking for a replacement wiring loom for my A3 8p 2009 5 door sportback driver door. I looked inside the rubber boot and the wires are pretty much all severed and melted. So need a new loom. Anyone have an idea where I can get one or failing that the part number. Hope someone can help

I think you’ll find that the looms are all different in some small way, I had the same problem when trying to find a replacement for my car with the same problem, you might have to pop your door card off and take a picture of the part number. The looms have been revised over the years.

I think you’ll find that the looms are all different in some small way, I had the same problem when trying to find a replacement for my car with the same problem, you might have to pop your door card off and take a picture of the part number. The looms have been revised over the years.

Cheers mate. Looks like will have to take door card off.

Best to repair tbh as even a new loom may break, repaired so many.

Cheers mate. Looks like will have to take door card off.
If your going to take doorcard off to view the looms part number as @ nhn says why not just solder repair wires to ones broken as you know the loom works

Another option if it helps,I have just replaced the complete loom on my 54 sportback drivers door after one unsuccessful repair.
I did repair the broken wires within the door boot which was a real pain to be honest as the space for the repair is really minimal and there is a lot of wires to avoid. I came to the conclusion that the only real way to repair it was to take the loom out as far as the speaker and then re-pin and crimp in new longer wires that sat inside the door rather than have a short crimped or solder joint still inside the door boot area getting stressed. (You can get a complete repair kit for this with the longer wires and door connector to save re-pinning but still about £65)

A mechanic will certainly have a better crimping or solder technique then mine but I suspect it is still an hour labour and possibly more at a dealer to repair so still in the £100 region I guess.
A new OEM loom (part number on the loom under the door card) from our on line parts people at Crew Audi was £127 posted which given that mine has oem folding mirrors and ambient lighting was a good price I thought.
It took me about an hour to feed the loom through and replace all of the door card and has worked perfectly since then. Some tricky bits such as working out how to remove the door connector and the lower boot connector but all doable and if you have any questions I am happy to help if I can. Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Thank you for the advice. Will take off the door card and see what I'm dealing with

Any help on where to find a repair kit would be helpful. I cannot find one

This part number (009 979 009 ) is for A repair wire for audi uses ie headunit and Lower Amp , so not sure off Gauge off door wire but i would think it would do but if in doubt PM @RobinA3 as he does doorlooms for puddle lights so he will know if that wire will do

This one is for the A4 to give you the idea but I found several different ones for the 8p A3, mainly from Europe I think. I was not particularly happy about the quality, the price and the wires are more generic, rather than based on the loom matched/needed for your car. Certainly repair is cheaper if you can do it successfully.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-...REPAIR-KIT-CONNECTOR-FITS-LH-RH-/372242041436

Best to repair tbh as even a new loom may break, repaired so many.
Hi newbie & so sorry to dig this old thread up ... :help:

I have an audi a3 2012 BE 5dr which im sure has a duff door loom havent had a chance to investigate but will do tomz ,,,

NHN are you still working on cars buddy ?

iirc you was also on mkivs.net when I owned mk4 turbo :icon thumright:

Yes still working on cars amongst other things.

Reactions: JATY K
Yes still working on cars amongst other things.
I will check the door loom tomorrow & if I discover a duff loom im in the **** I cany solder.
So I need your services :help:

Can I call or txt you on the above number buddy as I dont do wasapp ,, ?

Yes if it's for me to fix the issue.