A3 8P 2.0 TDI Sline front spring replacement

robbie_86

Reaction score
A3 8P 2.0 TDI Sportback Sline front spring replacement. My passenger side spring has snapped and i dont know the part number for a replacement. With it being the sline i need to know the part number. If anyone can shed light on this i would appreciate it

Kind regards

Rob

Can’t help you much on the part number but if you’re determined to go down the Genuine route and want an S-Line spring you’ll need to match the colour marks on the existing spring as they’re factory marked.
A few months ago (sick of the harsh and crashy ride of my own car ) I purchased 4 x Bilstein B4 shocks and an Eibach Pro-kit set of springs with the plan of fitting them this Spring.
This would supposedly would give me the same ride height as the factory S-Line suspension with a much more compliant ride.
Fate forced my hand last week and as part of checks for an impending MOT I discovered both rear springs had broken ends!
I therefore changed the rear springs and shocks (have yet to do the front, that’s a job for a few weeks time) but I can definitely tell a difference, the harshness has gone from the rear end.
I’d definitely recommend ditching the S-Line springs , the set of 4 Eibach ones only cost about £130.
For reference, here’s a pic of my broken rear S-Line springs showing the colour marking....
5FABAA45 1C20 4FD1 9D31 042C308BA6CE

as nessy says, go with eibach pros.
cant get s-line springs on the aftermarket (only standard and sport) and genuine from a dealer/tps/other vag source will be expensive compared to the eibachs.
i was quoted £180 for 2 genuine front springs from *** online.

best to do in pairs, and do the top mounts/bearings as well.

Same as these guys say. Now you’re being forced to change I would go for eibach pro springs. They’re more comfortable, cheaper and can be used on S Line shocks. This is what I did when mine needed changing and I changed all 4 at the same time, the ride is much better.
If you go for genuine S Line springs you can only get them from Audi or TPS and it will cost you more for 2 (as you ideally want to change them in pairs) of those than it would for 4 eibach pro springs.
On a side note the eibach pro springs are slightly lower than S Line springs by a few mm, I think it’s 5mm lower than S Line.

Ok thanks for the advice guys. Could any of you recommend a place to buy eibach springs from?

Can’t help you much on the part number but if you’re determined to go down the Genuine route and want an S-Line spring you’ll need to match the colour marks on the existing spring as they’re factory marked.
A few months ago (sick of the harsh and crashy ride of my own car ) I purchased 4 x Bilstein B4 shocks and an Eibach Pro-kit set of springs with the plan of fitting them this Spring.
This would supposedly would give me the same ride height as the factory S-Line suspension with a much more compliant ride.
Fate forced my hand last week and as part of checks for an impending MOT I discovered both rear springs had broken ends!
I therefore changed the rear springs and shocks (have yet to do the front, that’s a job for a few weeks time) but I can definitely tell a difference, the harshness has gone from the rear end.
I’d definitely recommend ditching the S-Line springs , the set of 4 Eibach ones only cost about £130.

Hi, sorry to revive this thread, but I think I have either a broken spring or an issue with one of my rear shocks as one side is lower than the other and I had scarping high pitched sound when putting something heavy in my boot. I am thinking of possibly getting the Bilstein shocks and the Eibach Pro Kit. I have an 2009 s line. When I had a search on Bilstein website I noticed they have different model numbers, the one I link to here for the rears https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...95473374541574&SubModelId=2210708054801141563
mentions in the notes - "Standard or Sport Suspension- For use with M14 lower mounting bolt" does that mean this one isn't for s line?

Also did you change the springs and shocks yourself or did you get an garage to do it? if you did it your self, do you think an beginner could do it with basic tools or am I better off to go to an garage?

I'm interested in trying this too. It looks pretty simple looking at this:

Rear springs and shocks ar easy to change and for fronts, you need spring compressors. They are McPherson struts so same method on changing as any other car.