A3 8p 2.0 Quattro retrofit-upgrades ideas

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Ok so my 2.0TDI SPORTBACK Quattro came from factory with front and back parking sensors,RNS-E,hill assist,TPMS through ABS,warning lights on all doors.
I ve already retrofitted: US Center console,flat bottom mfsw,a2 aluminum gear knob,Q3 A/C control unit,led lamps for inside-license plates,electric folding mirrors,honeycomb front grille and rs3 style diffuser,18 inch rims,S3 brakes front and back.
Any ideas for other possible enhancements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• AF80E4B9-CC2B-4291-845D-F73EECC29E2C.jpeg
    AF80E4B9-CC2B-4291-845D-F73EECC29E2C.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:
Yes i personally think so. i had a couple of sets and i like Team Heko the best. not expensive (ebay etc) and easily fitted and definitely stop water water pouring in when it's wet out. I personally don't bother with the rears on my sportback. Just google A3 team heko on google images.

Reactions: Andreashadji
open ended questions like yours in this place are dangerous. These peeps will spend your money faster than a drunken sailor. All you mods are show. What have you done for go?

Reactions: Andreashadji and Bryant1998
open ended questions like yours in this place are dangerous. These peeps will spend your money faster than a drunken sailor. All you mods are show. What have you done for go?

ABT parallel ECU 200hp from 170 stock,front and back H&R anti-roll bars,eibach lowering springs,koni shocks,k&n air filter.

The old favourite——interior led light pack.

Gen 4 Haldex conversion

Adaptive Cruise Control

Push Button Engine Start

Front and Rear concealed Dash Cams

Last edited:
Gen 4 Haldex conversion

Adaptive Cruise Control

Push Button Engine Start

Front and Rear concealed Dash Cams

Already have gen4 it’s a 2012 facelift,also dash cams,back still to be fitted though,cruise control factory fitted.
As far as the push button,still needs the key in ignition and frankly too much hassle

warning lights only or do you have puddle? Engine mounts mean more HP to the ground. Tyrol deadset subframe for front and 034 rear will stiffen it up a bit. For the ultimate interior, a seller on ebay has RS3 exclusive leather. It's factory quality and transforms the interior. Doors, knees, brake, gear surround and centre storage. For fun P3 dash gauge. DAS6 pro and all the awesome pads and compounds. Why have anyone else touch your car when you can easily and safely detail the whip yourself. Go over to Deautokey LED and look at the fogs which have bright white, yellow, flashing and strobe function. You really need backup LED's and why not change all the brake bulbs to LED. Thats some good money spent. The loan officer at the local bank is waiting for you

Panoramic Sun roof, this is an easy contender for your money :grimacing:

warning lights only or do you have puddle? Engine mounts mean more HP to the ground. Tyrol deadset subframe for front and 034 rear will stiffen it up a bit. For the ultimate interior, a seller on ebay has RS3 exclusive leather. It's factory quality and transforms the interior. Doors, knees, brake, gear surround and centre storage. For fun P3 dash gauge. DAS6 pro and all the awesome pads and compounds. Why have anyone else touch your car when you can easily and safely detail the whip yourself. Go over to Deautokey LED and look at the fogs which have bright white, yellow, flashing and strobe function. You really need backup LED's and why not change all the brake bulbs to LED. Thats some good money spent. The loan officer at the local bank is waiting for you

More info on the deadset subframe?

More info on the deadset subframe?

It locates the subframes accurately to the body.

As standard the subframes have a 18mm diameter hole with a 12mm bolt so that they can be assembled easily at the factory. Problem being that the subframes can move by up to 3mm in each direction, which is lightyears in suspension geometry.

Therefore the Tyrol deadset is essentially a washer/sleeve which fills the gaps, providing accurate body to subframe alignment every time. The only issue being it's very expensive but arguably worth it if you've changed all of the other suspension components, I experienced a lot of issues with suspension misalignment due to the above:
https://www.akstuning.co.uk/tyrolsp...it-for-all-mk56jetta-gli-and-mk2-audi-tt.html

Ok so looking to retrofit fog lights.
Found these grilles https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202723674380
Lights and cables from Kufatec:

https://www.kufatec.com/en/oem-part...fog-lights-for-audi-a3-s3-a4-right-8e0941700c
And

https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/a3/...or-audi-a3-8p-8p-sport-33787-1?number=33787-2
Will that be all or is anything else needed and how are these connected?
I know the coding part and also have a new switch

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/182348115655

Just seen your profile a you live in Greece, so I assume you don’t have fog over there.

I am amazed these are not std from a legal point of view. that said most people just F"*k them up by fitting LEDs anyway

I don’t see the benefit of fogs at all, can anyone actually see better in fog with them on, or can anyone else see you better.
I changed mine to the £1 a pair Chinese white halogen bulbs purely to match the hid’s for aesthetic reasons, still working after 3 years, bargain buy of the century.

Yea but as its illegal to drive with fogs unless it's foggy.........why do they need to match the hids ?
Fog tends to sit off the ground thats why fogs are always as low as possible to shine under the fog and yellow so they dont reflect off the fog, they do actually work quite well if you live in the sticks like me :)

Reactions: abmat
They get use on cornering and coming home lights but of course I can’t see them when driving. I don’t really know I need them to match, probably the enthusiasm of changing stuff when I bought the car. In fact I hardly drive the car at all, only to tow the Westy to trackdays, the mrs uses it as an everyday car.

I once tried to get in a Caterham at the kit car show at Kempton park. No chance, they even had a wide bodied version but i couldn't get my legs under the steering wheel. I think once you have done track days in a Westy or as i did, track days on bikes trying to make a road car go quick let alone be able to use it is just not quite the same :)

I don’t see the benefit of fogs at all, can anyone actually see better in fog with them on, or can anyone else see you better.
I changed mine to the £1 a pair Chinese white halogen bulbs purely to match the hid’s for aesthetic reasons, still working after 3 years, bargain buy of the century.

Personally I don’t think they really do much except light the floor up 3/4 metres in front of you. My works van doesn’t have front or rear fogs. Only time I used them in my last van was you flash them at people behind me who leave their full beams on when you overtake *facepalm*

I bought a set of white led ones purely for aesthetics with the coming home lights, if the fog is that thick that fogs are the only way you can be seen, imo you shouldn’t really drive unless it’s absolutely necessary

I agree but you can be driving on a clear night and go into a dip on a flood plain or low area near fields and find yourself unable to see 10 yds. The fog lights put out a flat beam ( like a letter box) and will show you the edge of the road. I have been out when you literally could not see the kerb or where the road went. I suppose it depends where you live and when you drive.

I agree but you can be driving on a clear night and go into a dip on a flood plain or low area near fields and find yourself unable to see 10 yds. The fog lights put out a flat beam ( like a letter box) and will show you the edge of the road. I have been out when you literally could not see the kerb or where the road went. I suppose it depends where you live and when you drive.

Yeah very true mate, if your roads have good cats eyes then it’s not an issue but rural country roads are not fun in fog lol

Anyone one knows in which pins on the BCM the wire for the fogs should go?
It’s a 2012 8PA sportback and BCM part number is 8P0907063N

I once tried to get in a Caterham at the kit car show at Kempton park. No chance, they even had a wide bodied version but i couldn't get my legs under the steering wheel. I think once you have done track days in a Westy or as i did, track days on bikes trying to make a road car go quick let alone be able to use it is just not quite the same :)
The good thing about kit cars is you can adjust anything to fit you. We have a club member who is 6’ 5”and a change of seat, smaller steering wheel with quick release and raised the column 25mm. Now a perfect fit for him. I’ve given up on fast road cars now as you said, they just don’t feel fast compared to a light track car. Mines 380bhp per ton, you would have to spend north of £40k to match that.

Agree when you say "light" track car. I have always said the cheapest and best way to increase the performance of a car is not to tune it up but slim it down :).

:smile new::sm4::sm4:So said Colin Chapman. Of course the weight of the driver is an increased influence on Bhp per ton in a light car. Note to self, must keep an eye on myself :wtf:

Reactions: paddy
Interesting that A BMW 1000R motorcycle produces 193bhp and weights 200KG so about 965bhp/ton
But put a rider on it ( which is somewhat essential) and it drops to 600bhp /ton, one reason why when i ride i always leave my wallet at home :)

Reactions: Bryant1998
Can anyone with 2012 model with bixenon and fog lights from factory tell me the BCM part number on their car?
From a Vcds scan if available

Anyone know if 8L front seats will fit 8P facelift;they are sold with their rails included if that helps.

Anyone know if 8L front seats will fit 8P facelift;they are sold with their rails included if that helps.

Nope - you’re better off looking for MK5 golf/R32 seats which may still need the rails adjusted or a set of 8V seats which bolt in.