A3 8P 1.8Tfsi Sportback.....Headlight removal

Ibisa3

Reaction score
Evening folks.

Quick one. One of my LED DRL's failed, and its now rolling around inside the headlight unit. It's almost 100% a headlight out job - Do I need to remove the front bumper? I've seen there is a headlight mount up behind the arch liner, but not sure about the front.

Thanks in advance.

Evening folks.

Quick one. One of my LED DRL's failed, and its now rolling around inside the headlight unit. It's almost 100% a headlight out job - Do I need to remove the front bumper? I've seen there is a headlight mount up behind the arch liner, but not sure about the front.

Thanks in advance.

Simple answer yes unless you can fish it out through the bulb hole at the back, just bite the bullet and get it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Balls.

Its the OS - Seems pretty impossible to remove tbh. And given the time it took me to change both DRL's last time, It's probably time efficient to take the bumper off and change both! Is there a guide on here for bumper removal?

Balls.

Its the OS - Seems pretty impossible to remove tbh. And given the time it took me to change both DRL's last time, It's probably time efficient to take the bumper off and change both! Is there a guide on here for bumper removal?

It’s pretty straight forward

Car on jacks at front and wheels removed
Under tray off
Then some screws along the bottom side of the front edge
Then remove wheel arch linings at front
Remove the two plastic joints joining the bumper to the outer wing just to the outside of the headlight 3 Torx I think
Then a 10mm bolt from the wheel lining towards the front kind of under the headlights
Then the three bolts on top of the radiator
Think that’s it, then pull off towards front onto a blanket or something to stop scrapping the paint
Disconnect washer jets if you have them and your done

Then you can remove headlights, they have two or 3 bolts

That’s largely it from memory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk