A3 8L1 flex pipe repair/replacement?

Alex.L

Reaction score
(A3 2003 1.8T AUM)
Hi,

The flex pipe after the exhaust manifold on my A3 is completely loose and needs fixing.
Has anyone done this whit the exhaust left on the car?
The replacement part from Audi is complete with cat, so I won't be buying that because prices are insane.
Sure I could take it off the car and probably weld on a new universal flex pipe, but I'm wondering if there's an easier fix? Starting to pull the exhaust apart, when the rest of it is in good condition, feels like I'm gonna get a lot more troubles along the way.

Big thanks for any suggestions or advice!

Flex

Edit: there are aftermarket parts without cat but it's still really pricy. ~£200 ex shipping.

You can buy flexi pipes separately... have used them a number of times to build custom downpipes...

no idea what size it is so you would have to measure it but...

Just take measurements and/or make a jig (wood will be fine to align everything and tac) and weld the new one in

<tuffty/>

You can buy flexi pipes separately... have used them a number of times to build custom downpipes...

no idea what size it is so you would have to measure it but...

Just take measurements and/or make a jig (wood will be fine to align everything and tac) and weld the new one in

<tuffty/>
Thanks again!
Yeah since the bolts holding the exhaust to the manifold was relatively easy to loosen, I'll go the way you suggested above!