A3 8L Intermittent Electrical Issues

alxmac

Reaction score
Hello all,

On Friday night I accidentally went through a puddle that turned out to be rather deep. This caused some water in the passenger side foot well and ever since then I have been experiencing some problems.

-The interior lights do not switch off when the doors are shut so these have to be manually turned off while driving. They shut off when car is locked though.
-The airbag warning light on the dash was flickering on start up but then disappears after a moment this now seems to be back to normal but the passenger air bag off light on the headboard near the interior lights is flickering or staying on for a long period of time even when the airbag option is turned to off.
-When the car is locked the hazard lights are randomly coming on and the only way to turn them off is to go in and manually shut off at the button.

The car has been taken or a lengthy drive to try dry most of it out but I am wondering if you could tell me how I can potentially resolve this.
From my research it seems that water ingress might have happened at the comfort control/convenience model.
Does anyone where I can find this part for inspection?

Any help will be massively appreciated! This is a pain in the a**