a3 8l 1.9d temp sensor location????

John850t5

Reaction score
I have recently got an audi a3 1.9d 110hp and the temperature gauge doesnt really move so id like to change the temperature sensor. Can anyone tell me where it is located please and is it an easy job? Thanks for any help guys

Thank you for the video :)
But i did some googling earlier and thought it was the other side under the boost pipe near the egr valve. I noticed yours is the pd130 and mine is 110. will my temperature sensor be exactly where yours is in the video? Sorry to ask again i could look but its too dark right now lol

They are in the same place... even my A2 with its 3 cylinder 1.4TDi lup has it in the same place... its awkward to change but not difficult... just be aware it gush a little coolant so have some on hand to top up as required

<tuffty/>

Okay thank you do most places that sell the temperature sensor also sell the o-ring and clip?

Ones I have bought from GSF normally come with the seal, can't remember if they come with a clip though

<tuffty/>

Thats good to know i was thinking of going to GSF thanks for all the advice :)

Can anyone tell me which coolant temp sensor i will need? I brought one today it was a sqaure one went to fit it and noticed mine was more rounded?

The right one...

All VAG temp sensors on this age of car are the same... green with 4 pins and a square D shaped connector

Cp004867 coolant temperature sensor switch vw jetta golf mk4 beetle passat genuine oe 2

<tuffty/>