A3 8L 1.8T Coolant Temperature Sensor

CSS3

Reaction score
One of my errors codes on my car is the coolant temperature sensor and has the problem of the temperature dropping to 60 or below when driving without traffic or on the motorway however when traffic is around the temperature stays at 90. I read this is a common problem. I'm looking to change this sensor myself and cannot seem to find it.

My fuel consumption at the moment seems to be absolute crap and also read this could be something effecting it.

I've found a few threads on this but all the pictures seem to be missing which is extremely unhelpful :(

Some assistance would be great.

Coolant Temperature Sensor is found on the plastic coolant hardpipe coming from side of block on battery side.

Make sure car is cool, undo power supply connector, pop out plastic C Clip, give exsisting sensor a wiggle, out it comes and reserve for fitting new one.

Reactions: CSS3
Coolant Temperature Sensor is found on the plastic coolant hardpipe coming from side of block on battery side.

Make sure car is cool, undo power supply connector, pop out plastic C Clip, give exsisting sensor a wiggle, out it comes and reserve for fitting new one.

Cheers mate, I think I found it. Will order a replacement sensor. Might replace thermostat also as I read that may be another cause of my temperature staying at 60 or below when driving on the motorway, be worth while to replace my coolant as I have no idea when that was last changed.