a3 3.2 v6 dsg quattro sport 2004 help needed

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
hi

i have just bought a A3 3.2 v6 dsg quattro sport and i am unsure of a few things and would like help and advice from people who have a better understanding of the car.

1st think is the car idles @600rpm roughly (seems a bit low to me would have thought it should be about 700-800rpm)

2nd it seems to have a shudder/hesitation when coming to a stop (the sort of thing you get from a manual car before it stalls might be linked to the 1st issue)

3rd there doesnt seem to be a siren when the alarm goes of the indicators flash but no noise (the horn works fine and if you have not shut the door right and set the alarm there is a warning siren goes off to tell you the doors not closed right)

4th the steering warning light comes on in the dash but goes off seems to be very intermittent (cant find the power steering fluid reservoir)

thanks in advance for any help

I'm certainly no expert but I've had my manual Quattro sport for a few months now and that does seem a bit off. Mine idles like you say about 800 I think, you haven't used regular unleaded have you? I done that when I first bought mine and it ran awful. Mine also has a siren when
the alarm goes off. Hope you get it sorted soon, it's a cracking car.

4th the steering warning light comes on in the dash but goes off seems to be very intermittent (cant find the power steering fluid reservoir)

I had this problem, was fixed after I had a full alignment.

I'm certainly no expert but I've had my manual Quattro sport for a few months now and that does seem a bit off. Mine idles like you say about 800 I think, you haven't used regular unleaded have you? I done that when I first bought mine and it ran awful. Mine also has a siren when
the alarm goes off. Hope you get it sorted soon, it's a cracking car.

Loving it

I will get it sorted under the warranty as I have 30days failing that I got 1 years warranty when I bought the car so hopefully that will cover it.

You need to get a VCDS print out but assuming all is well get them to raise the tickover a bit and it may stop your judder when stopping. DSG's tick over slower than manual but 750 would be better than 600.
A VCDS scan will show a fault in the alarm of if its been turned off

You need to get a VCDS print out but assuming all is well get them to raise the tickover a bit and it may stop your judder when stopping. DSG's tick over slower than manual but 750 would be better than 600.
A VCDS scan will show a fault in the alarm of if its been turned off

What is vcds is that vagcom

Thanks for the replies I will have a look at the thread in the post above when I'm home. Thanks again

My advice would be NOT to read that thread lol! seriously though try and get the later software update on as this cures a lot of niggly running issues.
Great car though and sorely missed, although my mate has one and keeps teasing me with the noise :sob:

My advice would be NOT to read that thread lol! seriously though try and get the later software update on as this cures a lot of niggly running issues.
Great car though and sorely missed, although my mate has one and keeps teasing me with the noise :sob:

Do I just go to the dealer and ask them to check the software version on the car and update it if required.

That noise is special.

That would be too easy! The dealers have in general been very reluctant to the point of ignorance in doing any updates although some have been lucky and had no trouble.
There is however a recent tpi that includes the required software update so should be easier now to have done, it will cost however depending on the dealer.

This is it:-
The tpi number has now changed to 2010289/3 (it also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs, but the update is the same sw version)for those dealers struggling to find the original tpi which has been removed from elsa pro and elsa win

svm code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

Last edited:
There must come a point where some of these cars have already had the update......I am amazed my 3.2 has not turned up on this forum yet :)

My mkv R32 idles at 630 rpm
As for the steering fluid mine is electric so yours night be the same