A3 3.2 V6 (2004) - S3 Conversion Thread

^ Agree take your time or it will get expensive. Took quite some time to source all my parts. Got my rear 8p3 for 240 from a breaker. I'm confused have you decide on a 8P2 or 8P3? If it's 8P3 front end, surely your better off buying a complete front end, way cheaper than buying individual parts. Few weeks ago, a breaker wanted 900 for complete 8p3 front end including everything, shame the lights were halogen and it was a standard bumper.

Cool, I don't know any... In London or nearby...
If you know any or found the please let me know, thanks

Yes I'm doing 8p3 conversion...
Already got front bumper, grille, spoiler and flat
Bottom steering wheel...

Cheers

Hi guys, just an update of what happened over when I went to pick up the S3 8P3 bumper I bought on eBay, basically the guy had described it as S3 bumper with no damage and ready to be bolt on...
It was around 30 miles journey even though was in London, so went all the way down and this guy wasn't picking up his phone for 10 min or so...

Anyway after trying calling the guys several times he finally answered n came down with the bumper right, anyway after all the waiting etc. finally got the bumper to me for inspection... first of all it was night mare to deal with this guy and had no clue what he had written/described the item on eBay, second of all the item was totally different and not even worth 100 quid and he was asking 350, the bumper was totally rep or high qualiy rep, apart from all of that the bumper had also been cracked and repaired very pro as you couldn't tell unless you had inspected couple of bumpers before or at least knew what sort of condition it must be like...

During the last week or so I been going around London to see/buy some parts for this conversion and I'm honestly fed up with this stupid people, now I can't be asked to go anymore... I be happy to do 8P2 conversion even though I know I'll regret it 1 months down in the line but at least I wont have all of that hassle anymore... already spent over 150 quid traveling and still nothing... what a waste :(

So first thing is first, I found this thread with all the part numbers for 8P2 conversion, here is the link;
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/42827-part-numbers-galore.html

I'll try order most of the parts from West London Audi dealer or will get it from Nigel, NHN...

Could someone explain what I'll be needing apart from the followings, like any other fitting kits/screws etc:

• Rear bumper (8P3 807,303 B GRU)
  • Rear bumper diffuser (8P3 807,434 F 1RR)
  • Tailgate spoiler (ALREADY BOUGHT THIS)
  • Side skirts ()
  • Mirror caps (8E0 857,507 C 3Q7 and 8E0 857,508 C 3Q7), (would this fit straight away or needs mods)
  • Front bumper (8P0 807,105 D GRU)
  • Front bumper grill (8P0 853,651 A 1RR), (I want the chrome one as that suits grey car better)
  • Fog lights (Couldn't find the part number, would my current ones on 8P1 fit)
  • Bonnet (Couldn't find the part number)

Also if the following thread has wrong part numbers then please let me know :) cheers
Thanks a lot again guys :)

Unlucky mate, are you limiting your search to london? All the good deals comes from bradford :ninja:don't give up mate, there are 3 S3's being broken on ebay. Have you tried them?

Anyway from your list you will need 8P2 foglights, plugs ,repair wires and fog grilles. Also some sideskirts fixings. That's about it

No mate anywhere that I could find good parts... Will still try to do 8p3 conversion but if couldn't find parts then will go for 8p2
Cheers

This isnt gonna be an easy conversion mate... Just need to try be a bit more patient, dont dive in and end up paying over the odds for parts.... Do a right good bit of digging and searching and the parts always come eventually!

As I said, dont dive in, you'll only end up regretting it and fed up with the car by the time you have it finished and probably end up just wanting rid

Also, I contacted AMD Tuning and asked them about NON-RESONATED Milltek, in response for 3.2 V6 they could supply (NON-RESONATED CAT BACK) for 580 without fitting :(

Not sure if this is the correct setup and also whether all Milltek exhausts are CAT BACKs?

Should I go for it or probably choose something different!?
Cheers

Also, I contacted AMD Tuning and asked them about NON-RESONATED Milltek, in response for 3.2 V6 they could supply (NON-RESONATED CAT BACK) for 580 without fitting :(

Not sure if this is the correct setup and also whether all Milltek exhausts are CAT BACKs?

Should I go for it or probably choose something different!?
Cheers

AMD Tuning just confirmed that's including fitting, so no labour cost, basically they said they use another part of another exhaust system which would fit Milltek that makes it non resonated...! Not quite sure about this...

I rather buy non resonated and get them fitted :) what do you guys reckon?!?

Cheers

Just an update;

Ordered my AP X coilovers about week ago, got them really cheap (cheaper than stated on their website, thanks to DPM for price matching) and here it is, just arrived on Thursday, didn't really had time to open up and take some pics any sooner!

Already booked 30th Nov to put these bad boys on my car! :)
These are AP X and not quite sure what settings I need to go for to have best/better comfort for town driving but also very low, thinking of about 50mm lowering
It has dampers adjustments but not quite sure what to go for, any advice on this is appreciated :)

IMG_01220.jpg

IMG_01170.jpg

Next would be these set of 4 bad boys; :)

18" BBS CH (Decor Silver) Alloy Wheels for Your Audi A3 All Models - Rimstyle.com

They rims are smart mate... Will suit that car very well, and some of the arch gap will disappear with them being the 8"... Do you know the offset of them?

They rims are smart mate... Will suit that car very well, and some of the arch gap will disappear with them being the 8"... Do you know the offset of them?

What's up! How is it going mate :)

Was thinking to go for BBS CKs initially but then it was only 280 quid difference which I thought might worth to go for BBS CHs as they obviously look far better

Well I was thinking to go for 18" 8.5J but then didn't want to risk it though as I'll be paying quite a lot!!!

For these ones I think it should be ET43/ET44 but stated as ET50 on Rimstyle.com website, I'll give them a call anyway just to make sure I'll get the right ones...

But I think ET44 is what it should be :) or I may be wrong (correct me please if I am), also don't want to use wheel spacers!

Also thinking to go for these tyres;

Goodyear Tyres / Car / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL FP TL Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18

Cheers

ET50 would be better mate... Will take away some of the dreaded arch gap and that way you'll prob not need any spacers... F1's always get the best rep on this site.. Never ran them personally.. Ive got contisport contact 5's on mine just now and they are very good.. Had pirelli pzeros and bridgestone potenzas aswell and couldnt complain about them either... But i'll be trying the eagle f1's next

How is going everyone, hope you all enjoying your weekends :)

Just an update, ordered my BBS CH 18" 8.5J, cost me fortune but had to order them :)
Just took a quick pic :nyah:

IMG_0027_25012014.jpg

Other mods are on the way, will keep you posted soon, so keep your eyes on the thread :yahoo:

Now just need to order set of good tyres, not quite sure what to get but I've heard some good feedback for Eagle F1 which are for 100 quid each, what do you guys reckon?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0027_25012014.jpg
    IMG_0027_25012014.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 239
Audi A3 8P
BBS CH 18 (8.5J)
Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2, 225/40 18

Hey guys, finally got my alloys and tyres sorted! Finally went for Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2...

Some quick pics;

IMG_00380.jpg

IMG_00430.jpg

Will take some DSLR shots soon!

Now ready for the S3 conversion, finally :slap:

Reactions: autolatry and Ironborn
Wow! Perfect example of the 8P1 before your S3 conversion.

Do you have any rubbing issues? I'm on 8J ET43 and want to go as low as yours not sure on rubbing issues?

Thanks, I highly recommend to go for 8.5j for wheels as it looks far better...

However regarding rubbing that you're concerned about, I've had no rubbings and has been lowered about 55mm all rounded

A bit rubbing only on sharp cornering but nothing serious...

I took it for a spin today and and absolutely enjoyed it :)

I saw people were pointing out my lovely rims...

Good evening gents, finally got rear end parts...
Photos will be added soon, however I've taken a quick shot of MY11 lights which I wanted from the first place...

IMG_00680.jpg

Parts are as follows;

2x S3 Spoilers (1 for sale)
S3 complete rear bumper including diffuser and parking sensors
Side skirts
S3 door trims

All genuine parts... ready to be fitted, however I'm assuming if I take all the parts at once it would workout cheaper, wouldn't it?

Now the parts I need are;

Bonnet
S3 Headlights (need part number for these as don't want to end up buying the incorrect ones)
Wings
Front panel (Not sure if this needs to be changed)
Fog lights grill + Fogs
S3 grill

And other bits that I can't remember for time being... :)

If any one of you guys could help me with the part numbers for the following parts, I would appreciate that :haha:
Already looked at the parts thread in the FAQ section, but no luck and it's so confusing...

Thx

Awesome for some reason I couldn't believe this conversion would ever take place!

Can't wait for the full conversion any glimpse of when about you probably would be done with it?

Nice progress, rear bumper, spoiler and side skirts you could easily fit yourself. Are you planning to pay a garage to do the facelift? That's going to cost you big no?? Have you considered asking Ash or Nigel to do it. I'm sure they will charge a lot less, because know exactly what's needed and how to do it. S3 headlight?? there's no such thing. If they are for the left side road driving, they should be fine.

Nice progress, rear bumper, spoiler and side skirts you could easily fit yourself. Are you planning to pay a garage to do the facelift? That's going to cost you big no?? Have you considered asking Ash or Nigel to do it. I'm sure they will charge a lot less, because know exactly what's needed and how to do it. S3 headlight?? there's no such thing. If they are for the left side road driving, they should be fine.

Yes mate definitely going for 8P3 conversion, just need to source a few other bits and will fit them all in one go, well already sent Nigel couple of messages but no replies at all, so I'm totally hopeless :( he is probably busy so I'll give it some time :)

I didn't Ash does conversions/fittings as well, anyway will give him a message tomorrow to see what sort of quotes he gets me :)

For the headlights, do these fit and are these the same ones used in S3 2008 onwards?

AUDI A3 S3 2008-2012 FACELIFT NEW!!! LED & XENON HEADLIGHTS COMPLETE!!! | eBay

+

AUDI A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q3,5 Xenon Headlight Ballast D3S/D3R/D4S/D4R 8K0941597 | eBay

+ bulbs

Right?

I didn't know I could fit them myself, is there any how-to thread? Also doesn't the parts needs to be resprayed first then fitted or I'm wrong?

Cheers

Yes those are facelift headlights, expensive though. You need to ask seller for part numbers so you know whether they are left or right hand drive. Some one bought a pair 350 in another thread I just saw. The cheapest and easiest as I've already said is to buy a complete facelift front end. I saw complete 2010 black edition with LED xenon going for 1600 a few days ago.

Yeah of course you need to get them resprayed. Rear bumper easy to remove doesn't need a how to. Spoiler use tiger-seal, side skirts there fitting instructions if you search.

Reactions: Fanboy
What part numbers do you need? Ive almost completed my 8p3 s3 conversion for my 8p1 too

What part numbers do you need? Ive almost completed my 8p3 s3 conversion for my 8p1 too

I need all the front-end parts, I found a few good used bonnet that went for 40 quid but weren't sure whether it would or not, therefore I missed them all, anyway I basically bought all the rear end parts and just need to go ahead for front-end n once finish sourcing them all, then getting them fitted and resprayed :)

BTW don't you have a progression thread for your conversion? Any pics?

I guess I could get hold of good front-end parts for about 1500 in total, not entirely sure but when I called a few breakers they asked for part numbers to get me quote...
That's why I'm asking for part numbers!

Also for the front panel, some people reckon it needs to be changed and some don't, is it possible to use the current front panel but tweak it a bit so 8p3 bumper would fit? Seen some people did it with their s3s from 8p2 to 8p3, can't remember where it was...

BTW where did you take it for fitting and respraying? n How much did it roughly cost you? if you don't mind :)

Thanks

The link to the headlights you've provided includes ballasts so you won't need to buy them separately!

The link to the headlights you've provided includes ballasts so you won't need to buy them separately!

The link is incorrect, there is another one on eBay for 550 which is brand new but without ballasts and bulbs! I I'll link them