A3 3.2 V6 (2004) - S3 Conversion Thread

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi,

With respect to all S3 owners...
I'll be doing S3 conversion (WITH NO S3 BADGES) on my A3 3.2 V6, 2004 and I would mainly be posting parts that I'll be buying or bought here, so please keep your eyes on this thread and I be glad to hear back any feedback/suggestions from you guys.

You have probably seen my new A3 3.2 V6, if not have a look at this thread;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-a3-3-2-v6-under-40k-mileage.html#post2002949

My first mod was supposed to be changing that ugly steering wheel to a flat bottom on NEW S3s...
However I came across this genuine S3 bumper + grill (with no damage) which seemed quite cheap, so bought it for 350 quid and will be collecting it over this weekend.

AUDI S3 FRONT BUMPER 2009-2012 COMPLETE WITH BLACK GRILL | eBay

My next mod would be lowering... already opened thread for that so if you have any suggestions then please let me know over this thread;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-please-help-need-order-them-asap-thanks.html

Thanks

Here is the parts that I'll be buying over the next couple of weeks... obviouly all genuine S3 parts!

• S3 wings
  • S3 headlights (not sure which ones)
  • S3 rear bumper
  • S3 fog lights
  • S3 steering wheel (preferably flat bottom if would work)
  • S3 side skirt
  • S3 bonnet
  • S3 pedals
  • S3 wing mirrors (not sure if I should only buy the cover or complete mirror)

What else...

Hey Farzad... be an interesting thread to keep track of if your doing an 8p3 conversion...

Thats gonna cost you a fair whack my friend... there was a advert on ebay for a complete 8p3 front end for £1800, headlights included..

You also have to get new mounting brackets for the front wings as they are located in a different position from what youve got... im not sure if you can move the 1's thats there or what?

Last edited:
No mate, I've been looking around over this forum but couldn't find anything...
I'll be doing 8P3 conversion for sure but not sure what parts of 8P2 are also the same as 8P3...

Thanks

No mate, I've been looking around over this forum but couldn't find anything...
I'll be doing 8P3 conversion for sure but not sure what parts of 8P2 are also the same as 8P3...

Thanks

Sorry mate i've edited my post as I didnt see your second post earlier...

Doors and bootlid i'm sure are the only panels not facelifted between the 2... you'll also need to update your rear tail lights aswell for full conversion from what you've listed

And i'm sure i've seen mention of new hinges for the bonnets... thats complete front end, would probably be the way to go and re-sell the bumper youve just got

Sure mate, I've been looking at these on eBay not quite sure if they're reasonable price or expensive...

Audi A3 Rear lights S3 RS3 Facelift Black line Tinted Tail Lights NEW GENUINE | eBay

Would the new S3 xenon headlight work or does that needs re-coding... and how much am I looking around to buy...

Audi A3 Rear lights S3 RS3 Facelift Black line Tinted Tail Lights NEW GENUINE | eBay

Cheers

I just got a set of 2008 (58) plate 8p3 light off ebay there, delivered for £157... i'm sure they still have some left... there is a 15% discount on them.. I just fitted mine today and they look great... The left and right rear lights are advertised separately

Wow! cool, good luck mate. But it does sound to me like you have bought the wrong car, by the time you have finished an S3 would have been cheaper I think.

Have you read this yet: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...58671-guide-definitive-2009-led-facelift.html

You need way lots more parts than that, I would go for the 8p2 s3 conversion.

How much difference would it be in terms of cost and sourcing parts...
Also what parts doesn't requires changing for 8P2 conversion...
Cheers

8P0 821 469 - Wing Bracket Rear QTY:2
8P0 821 467 - Wing Bracket Center QTY:2
8P0 821 471 - Wing Bracket Front QTY:2
8P0 823 301 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Left
8P0 823 302 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Right
8P0 821 171 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Left
8P0 821 172 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Right
8P2 823 531 G - Lid Lock Cable
8P0 807 183 A - Front Bumper Guide
8P0 807 184 A - Front Bumper Guide
8P0 807 863 A -Securing Strip
8P0 807 864 A -Securing Strip
8P0 823 509 H Lid Lock with Micro-switch
8P0 805 588 L -Lock Carrier with mounting for coolant radiator - Comes with headlight sockets

Xenon Adapter Cable = 63.28 Euro ordered at : KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG for converting halogen to xenon

Bonnet 2009-2011 Paid=£80
Normal Front Bumper with Grill 2009-2011 Paid=£100
Left Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £40
Right Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £90
Side Mirrors with indicates 2009-2011= £134 for both
S3 Rear Bump for Parking Sensors 2007-2011= £215
Fog Lights 2009-2011 = £28.99
Fog Light Surround 2009-2011 = £20
S3 Roof Spoiler Any 8P = £74.99
CE K Module =£165 Installed : Thanks To RS :sm4:
Door J Module = £100 - Not installed as of yet...Still need help Re-pining

The list goes on.....

I just got a set of 2008 (58) plate 8p3 light off ebay there, delivered for £157... i'm sure they still ahve some left... there is a 15% discount on them.. I just fitted mine today and they look great

Do you have a link if you don't mind!

How much difference would it be in terms of cost and sourcing parts...
Also what parts doesn't requires changing for 8P2 conversion...
Cheers

8P2: Bumper, fogs, bonnet that's it

8P2: Bumper, fogs, bonnet that's it

How about doing 82 conversion with 8P3 front bumper... coz that gives that aggressive look than 8P2 front bumper
Not sure about the doors, should they really be changed...? is that noticeable?

Cheers

Xenons.. if you dont already have them, rear bumper + skirts

Oh yeah sure, but I was only talking about the front end.

S3 8P2 front would only cost about: 800-1000

S3 8P3 front would cost 2000+

How about doing 82 conversion with 8P3 front bumper... coz that gives that aggressive look than 8P2 front bumper

Cheers

Not possible... needs the new wings, bonnet and headlights... different sizes... 8p3 bumper wouldnt go..

The doors dont need changed, these remain the same throughout the 8p range...

Cheers

8P2 S3 front is plenty aggressive. If I'm honest the 8P3's lookalike. Takes a trained eye so to speak to notice the difference.

8P2 S3 front is plenty aggressive. If I'm honest the 8P3's lookalike. Takes a trained eye so to speak to notice the difference.

That's fine! I'm not going to have S3 badges anyway, I just want to make it look alike the new S3s as close as possible, don't have to make it identical though...

As long as I could fit 8P3 front bumper by just changing the wings and bonnet then that's fine... I know what you're saying but that's for those trying to do full replica which I honestly dislike, specially with those S3 badges!!!

Yeah mate my links are MY09's your link is MY11's... i've got a sprint blue car so the MY09's look better on mine

Cool! Do you think MY11 it's worth the money... 100 quid difference
Cheers

I tend to agree with Farzad on this 1... sitting side by side the 8p3 makes the 8p2 look soft... th 8p3 bumper is more aggresive looking in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sliced
Cool! Do you think MY11 it's worth the money... 100 quid difference
Cheers

Depends on what your car colour is really and what your looking for... the MY09's have obv more a bright effect, which suits mine with the brighter paint work

Depends on what your car colour is really and what your looking for... the MY09's have obv more a bright effect, which suits mine with the brighter paint work

Cool, mine is dolphin grey, I quite like the MY11 lights...
:)

Cool, mine is dolphin grey, I quite like the MY11 lights...
:)

I'd go for it then... if they lights are on a long listing.. give NHN a shout for a quote and see if he can get you them cheaper...

What a difference a set of tail lights make to the rear end of your car though... changes the look completely

The difference is clear :)

IMG 2669IMG 2672

Reactions: R90 STL
Thanks for the photos, really helped... Appreciate that... My11 then, just contacted NHN to see how much cheaper I could possibly get them, so that's my mod #2, and mod #3 would be lowering...
Cheers

Anyone in sheffield or nearby who has done this conversion? Would love to give it a shot..

No mate I'm in London doing this conversion... Not sure if anyone nearby...

There are couple of s3 bumpers on eBay with no grill for 200 quid, it's really cheap... If you are considering doing the conversion then maybe have a look at them, all from same seller...

I know of a local scrappy breaking a SB so could get the parts but no point if I don't know where to start.

Just an update;

Spoke to Nigel (NHN) about the parts and he's going to get me quote including fitting and obviously paint!

Since I spoke to him I got myself a S3 tailgate which includes S3 badge and spoiler, got it for 130 including shipping, it's in sprint blue! Not entirely sure how to take off the spoiler properly as don't want to damage the tailgate, might need it in future! You never know!

So that's about the spoiler!

Got hold of someone selling a black edition S3 flat bottom steering wheel for about 250 but without the airbag, obviously will be passing it to Nigel to do it fitting but was just wondering if it's worth the money! Will be doing cash on collection tomorrow, so I be glad to hear about this ASAP!

Another thing I was wondering was; basically to buy a S3 rear bumper would cost around 500 quid, so thought migh be cheaper to source some S line bumpers and get a 8P3 diffuser... not sure how much the diffuser would cost! Any idea on whether S3 diffuser would fit on a S line bumper? And also how much would it cost to buy diffuser! If someone bought one recently, obviuosly will try to buy used but if not then will get new!

Cheers guys and hope you have good weekend :)

Last edited:
Just an update;

Spoke to Nigel (NHN) about the parts and he's going to get me quote including fitting and obviously paint!

Since I spoke to him I got myself a S3 tailgate which includes S3 badge and spoiler, got it for 130 including shipping, it's in sprint blue! Not entirely sure how to take off the spoiler properly as don't want to damage the tailgate, might need it in future! You never know!

So that's about the spoiler!

Got hold of someone selling a black edition S3 flat bottom steering wheel for about 250 but without the airbag, obviously will be passing it to Nigel to do it fitting but was just wondering if it's worth the money! Will be doing cash on collection tomorrow, so I be glad to hear about this ASAP!

Another thing I was wondering was; basically to buy a S3 rear bumper would cost around 500 quid, so thought migh be cheaper to source some S line bumpers and get a 8P3 diffuser... not sure how much the diffuser would cost! Any idea on whether S3 diffuser would fit on a S line bumper? And also how much would it cost to buy diffuser! If someone bought one recently, obviuosly will try to buy used but if not then will get new!

Cheers guys and hope you have good weekend :)

pm a3kent he is selling a s line diffuser, and nope according to him s3 diffuser 8p3 wont fit on a 8p3 s line bumper.

I meant using any S line bumper with 8P3 S3 diffuser, the ones which has separate diffuser! So taking off the s line diffuser and replace it with s3 8p3 diffuser?!

I'm saying this coz my previous car was S line, reg 2007 3 door... and you could literally take off the diffuser and change it with any other ones... but I never tried it as S line was fine for me at the time!

Cheers

I meant using any S line bumper with 8P3 S3 diffuser, the ones which has separate diffuser! So taking off the s line diffuser and replace it with s3 8p3 diffuser?!

I'm saying this coz my previous car was S line, reg 2007 3 door... and you could literally take off the diffuser and change it with any other ones... but I never tried it as S line was fine for me at the time!

Cheers

It wont fit mate.... you even have to change the lower section of the s3 8p2 bumper to get the 8p3 rear valance to fit...

It wont fit mate.... you even have to change the lower section of the s3 8p2 bumper to get the 8p3 rear valance to fit...

Cool, cheers mate! Well I then go for brand new then! No choice :(

Cheers

lol mate wait till you see the price of genuine s3 side skirts

lol mate wait till you see the price of genuine s3 side skirts

Already got quote from Nigel;

He quoted side skirts for approx 184 and spoiler approx 250, which I no longer need the spoiler, got myself a s3 tailgate of which I could take off the spoiler and use it, in fact the tailgate might become useful in future...

The parts that I'm looking NOT to buy brand new are s3 8p3 rear bumper/diffuser, bonnet, wings and mirrors...

Cheers

Cool, cheers mate! Well I then go for brand new then! No choice :(

Cheers

They pop up on ebay from time to time or even in the classifieds, so maybe dont jump into dealers too soon until you have to..

I'm looking forward to this build thread.. remember take pics of everything.. :thumbsup: