A3 3.2 induction kit help???

rizly

a3 3.2 v6
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the site. I am awaiting delivery of my 53 plate Audi A3 3.2 which i should get next week. I am looking to get a nice induction kit for the car more for sound than anything else.

Can anyone help???:sos:

thanks but do you know where i can get 1 from, i am in manchester

This place has them with free shipping. I do not know if that would apply in your case.

I would imagine you could find something closer to home but with exchange rates being what they are buying American might be a good value.

TBH I wouldn't bother mate, It'll just drown out the noise of the sweet V6. I've just used a panel filter, but I did inquire at Awesome GTi about available induction kits out of interest last time I was there and I was told The Pipercross Viper from the Mk5 R32 should fit

They're in Manchester as well so can't be too far away from you.

thanks for that 3.2Ju

I know awesome gti very well they done the project on my previous vw golf. they told mt that the neuspeed kit is available but this is not a cold air intake system and requires adapting. the total kit would cost £350 which i think is a bit too much for a little xtra grunt. The VF Engineering kit has been recommened to me now by vwspeed but i am not sure what these kits are like. Don't get me wrong the V6 sounds sweet but having a vr6 with an induction you kinda cant help but think that the 3.2 needs that little grunt it sounds nice but too refined - needs a little beastly sound upgrade. lol

thanks for that RtotheT,

i have sent the company an email lets wait and see what they say in regards to shipment.

sorry 3.2Ju which panel filter have you used and it did it make the engine sound any louder/ deeper as that is what i am really looking for not so much performance more the deeper engine tone

TBH I wouldn't bother mate, It'll just drown out the noise of the sweet V6.

That's my take on it too.

I also wonder with how hot that 3.2l VR6 gets if it might actually increase the heat of the air going in. More air maybe but definitely hotter air. I think EIP also makes an intake that routes air all the way from underneath the bumper.

sorry 3.2Ju which panel filter have you used and it did it make the engine sound any louder/ deeper as that is what i am really looking for not so much performance more the deeper engine tone

I think it's a jetex. I bought it from GTi international last year from a trade stand and it came in a clear plastic bag.

I believe it's slightly louder/deeper but not by much.

thanks for that 3.2ju

i have ordered a k n n panel filter as i have had them on my previous cars and they have given a subtle throttle response but a nice grunt aswel

just had it remapped - all i can say is O WHAT CRAZY FUN

sorry to the owner of a blu s3 who lives in manchester who got beat me the other day :blow: