A3 3.2 DSG S-Line Tuning???

cpinch73

HOLEBANGER
Reaction score
just bought my 54 plate and its totally standard just wondering what i could do to tune it up a bit and what results i could expect? I know the results wont be as big as with a Turbo version (S3) but am just curious.

thanks, Chris :greyrs4::kissmyrings:

Reactions: Bny1990
Have a look on www.vagtech.com

Also look on the vwaudi forum under a3 and there will be a post about tuning the 3.2 lump I wrote on it n put prices and figures down. I would put it o here but am on the iphone and can't copy n paste

There are a couple of exhaust options. Intake options are limited, but Pipercross offer a Viper (listed for R32 but same kit).

A remap gives an bit extra on this engine, and also helps with economy apparently.

You could supercharge it...

Talking 400bhp+ but talking seriously money....

Alot of custom work also need it but a guy on the other forum had his 2.8 V6 4mo golf supercharge and pushing 430bhp!

how about suspension and arb mods, as i believe the r32 golf is more direct

thing with coilovers, what's the cost factor and it does make ride harder

thing with coilovers, what's the cost factor and it does make ride harder

Mine retail at about £430. It does ride harder, but not as harsh as with some coilovers, but you do generally need to compromise a bit on either ride or handling.

was it a massive improvement over s-line setup?

i think if i got one (having modded previous cars, this next one will have to be calmed down), so maybe a remap and a nice exhaust (although not researched on a3 exhaust options)

Ok thanks guys, ive got alot to think about there. im absolutely loving my new car tho even if it is a 54 plate.

was it a massive improvement over s-line setup?

i think if i got one (having modded previous cars, this next one will have to be calmed down), so maybe a remap and a nice exhaust (although not researched on a3 exhaust options)

The S-Line setup handles ok. My main reason for fitting coilovers was cosmetic, as it looked far too high on 19's without the drop.

I've fitted FK konigsport Coilovers and and K+N 57i Gen II inductuin kit, much more chuckable now and sounds better too, ( and a little more responsive)

anyone got a nice sounding intake, or does it make it too loud?

also what exhaust options are there?
i've heard a mk5 golf r32 burn it past me, i think it was stock and sounded ace.

THe K and N i have is nice, not too loud at all, you only really hear it when giving it beans.

Milltek is supposed to be a good option for an exhuaust

miltek is quite expensive i think new £500-600. if i had that, i could put it towards a standard r32 mkV which i prefer (i think)