A3 2TDI S LINE £2K for 1st Remap, What to buy??

TBerry

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I’m booking in for a ReMap this weekend, So far I’ve chose a Miltek exhaust (Titanium Tips) and a DPF Delete as previous owner has had it removed but ECU is reading its still there.

Having all work done at JabbaSports

So Far Total = £1125.50

So my question to you What else can I buy to get the full potential out of my stage 1 remap this weekend??

Intake?

Just beware a dpf delete if picked up come mot time is a fail.

Intake?

Just beware a dpf delete if picked up come mot time is a fail.

Thanks Abmat,
I heard that this may be the case however after asking around I believe this isn’t necessarily true.
Please tell me if I’m wrong as I’d appreciate knowing before I get the work carried out...

Hopefully the car is a Quattro, then you can get an updated clutch to make use of a 4K rpm launch control

Suspension and brakes more important than fancy exhausts. DPF removable even more iffy from this April with new mot test.

Iirc from last May, if the car way fitted with a dpf at manufacture and it has subsequently been removed it is an mot fail as it is part of the emission control system.

Iirc from last May, if the car way fitted with a dpf at manufacture and it has subsequently been removed it is an mot fail as it is part of the emission control system.
Yes, this is true.
That said, I know of at least one tuning company that make you sign a disclaimer stating that you are advised of this, and then they remove the DPF, cut down the existing weld or create one that is close to the body of the car, remove the guts from it and then put it back on to make it appear to be there, but in actual fact it's an empty DPF shaped can.
They also had a method of making the weld 'age' so it looks like it's always been there.

You take the risk, you take the chances!

I know if I bought a car like this then it failed an mot I’d persue the seller through the small claims court.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Thanks for all the replies Gents, I’m going to go with the DPF delete as I know it’ll pass on emissions and lets just hope they don’t look to hard underneath. Also have very kindly been offered from JabbaSport that if it comes time and I fail a test they’ll redo the remap for the car to suit a DPF for free if I purchase the DPF.

Going to add a K&N panel filter to replace my stock paper filter, also going to go for the Bilstein B12 Pro Kit.

And that’ll be all the work done for now, other than small purchases like wind deflectors and was thinking about installing some puddle lights after seeing a forum on here, looked very easy...

Thanks for all your comments tho gents.