A3 2012 sportback 2.0 TDI,CFBG 170ps clutch replacement

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got the above A3 and I m trying to gather some info about clutch replacement.
First of,what kind it has on at the moment,it’s stock,and what would be a good replacement/upgrade part?
Part numbers will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance for all the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to be flippant , but what’s wrong with stock?
When my clutch/DMF needed to be replaced what went in was an LUK clutch kit & DMF that was exactly the same as the factory LUK assembly.
The clutch is as light now as it ever was, but much smoother to drive as I think my DMF had been failing slowly for quite a long time.......

Not trying to be flippant , but what’s wrong with stock?
When my clutch/DMF needed to be replaced what went in was an LUK clutch kit & DMF that was exactly the same as the factory LUK assembly.
The clutch is as light now as it ever was, but much smoother to drive as I think my DMF had been failing slowly for quite a long time.......
Thanks for your reply Nessy,
Nothing wrong with stock!just wondering if there is something better that would make a difference.also i need to know exactly what stock was ,so i can order when needed

I believe the stock clutches (at least when my car was made) were either Sachs or LUK.
I therefore went for an LUK kit and when I saw the factory-fitted parts that had been removed noticed with interest that they too were LUK.

how can i find out what is the current factory set up?

Until the current clutch has been removed and examined you won’t know which make it is .
Using a site such as www.oemepc.com you can look up which brands of clutch were used .
I’ve just had a quick look now and for the 2012 model with 2.0 TDI e.g CBAA,CBAB,
CFFA and CFFB codes
still seemed to use either Sachs or LUK .
Best check what engine code yours is though and have a look?
Edit; I just see it’s in the thread title!
....and the answer appears the same.....Sachs or LUK.

Last edited:
Ok so if I buy luks and currently has Sachs will it fit?cause I don’t have the luxury of having the car immobilized until the replacement part arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk