A3 2007 / 2.0 Tdi / drivers window inop fault

mitsiboyblue

Reaction score
Hi has any one else had problems with their drivers electric window some days it works and others it won't. But most of the time now it doesn't work.
Ive stopped trying now because it has stoped working halfway and ive had to leave the car insecure for days? ive been really lucky to get it back up.

Ive powered the motor separately with 12volts and its working fine so theres only a couple of things related:-

1. The control module / which is part of the the drivers motor assembly
2. The drivers master window switch assembly

Has anyone got any ideas or had this fault as i dont want to be just swapping out parts guessing?
Dave O
837b570442e3304010406f7c55e26448.jpg
2f0bd7e0751c8f4ae40069c08198e34c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So are you saying the motor runs ok when not attached to the rest of the door?
When the motor is in it's normal working position, do you hear the relay click just before the motor stops?if so something in the regulator is jamming or the glass is sticking in the rubber mouldings.
Basically you need to determine is the problem is electrical or mechanical.

I forgot to mention another common problem, have a look inside the rubber gaiter, between the A post and the door. The wires can break in there. A lot of central locking and window lifter problems have been traced to there.

I forgot to mention another common problem, have a look inside the rubber gaiter, between the A post and the door. The wires can break in there. A lot of central locking and window lifter problems have been traced to there.
Thankyou, it was broken wires inside the rubber gaiter, ive stripped back and soldered in slightly softer cables than the originals and now all working fine.... sorted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk