A3 2 Door Rear Seat Base Removel / Adjust

Indie_DSG

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to run some cables to the back of my car and wanted to run them under the rear seat, trouble is I cannot find a way to lift the seat base??

Not sure if this is possible in my car?

A3 8P TDi 170Bhp DSG S-Line
FULL LEATHER

Can any one advise? :think:

I think you will find you just have to get hold of the seat squab at the front edge and pull it upwards. The squab then unclips and can easily be taken out. Replacement is just the reverse.

Hi h5djr,

I pulled the s**t out of the seat from all angles and corners! It wont go anywhere?

Not to worried as gently fed the wires around and under the base so not really an issue, must be something to do with ISOFIX points in the rear?

Oh well, all good.

Interesting because what I said was exactly how the removal is described in the electronic workshop manual:

Removing and installing rear seat benchRemoving– Lift front of rear seat bench and pull out rear seat bench to front.InstallingInstall in reverse order of removal.

It also says that your should renew the plastic retainer whenever the seat is removed.

Around 10 inches in from each side of the rear seat, pull the seat up as hard as you can.

Should pop out and i also have ISOFIX too.