a3 2.0tfsi losing power

miked79

Reaction score
hi all, I have audi 2.0 Tfsi dsg and for the second time in a week when driving at 30ish mph the car slows(didn't let it get slower than 15mph) like I'm gently putting my foot on the brake , if I put my foot down it still doesn't make a difference only seams to wake up when I left off pedal and put back down again . Any ideas ? there's no real engine noise at all while doing this or anything it's like the car is falling asleep

VCDS scan is 1st thing to carry out

Reactions: miked79
coil packs? mine was recalled as they are a common fault, apparently only a few chassis' but Audi should be able to tell you over the phone

Reactions: miked79
did wonder , not getting a noticeable mis fire though . il give audi a call . any other sugestions welcome

just called audi and as long as all coils are genuine (they are i checked ) i am entitled to recall and replacment so its booked in, related to my problem or not its something i guess so thanks for that

Last edited:
Reactions: LN53YYS
Well hopefully it does fix the issue, they will probably do a health-check anyway and might come across something if not?

and at least your coil packs have lasted so far, one of mine went on fire the same day i bought the car (after a 200+ mile journey to get it home)! You can imagine my relief to hear that it was getting fixed for free, especially as the wiring loom also had to be replaced.