A3 2.0tdi bkd turbo oil return pipe leak

bagger_12

Reaction score
Hi everyone, replaced my turbo yesterday, fitted new gaskets ECt, my oil return pipe from the turbo seems to be leaking oil literally as fast as it's getting to the turbo, I removed the return pipe and doubled up the gaskets using old and new, still seams to be leaking but looks like it's coming through one of the bolt holes past the bolt. Anyone had this problem before?

Have you checked for a blockage in the return pipe? Could account for the failure of the previous turbo?

I wouldn't double up the gaskets personally, have you checked the connections for any internal marking ( that would therefore not seal the joint )

Have you checked for a blockage in the return pipe? Could account for the failure of the previous turbo?

I wouldn't double up the gaskets personally, have you checked the connections for any internal marking ( that would therefore not seal the joint )[/QUOTE

yes I blew the pipe through with air line before fitting, the oil seems to he coming through the bolt hole rather than between the fittings/gasket

Previous turbo died from wear and tear. Turbine shaft snapped, not oil starvation

most companies that supply turbos say that you should replace the old pipe with a new one id go that route first