A3 2.0TDI 170HP Quattro Tuning

KL007

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have an Audi A3 TDI 170HP Quattro. What mods do u suggest except remap (i ll keep dpf egr on).
Intercooler?
Air Filte?
New pipework?
Exhaust System?
Looking for around 210-215hp with stock turbo. Note I ll remap it to 200-205hp as I dont want to push the turbo to much.

Hi everyone! I have an Audi A3 TDI 170HP Quattro. What mods do u suggest except remap (i ll keep dpf egr on).
Intercooler?
Air Filte?
New pipework?
Exhaust System?
Looking for around 210-215hp with stock turbo. Note I ll remap it to 200-205hp as I dont want to push the turbo to much.

I’ve got the exact same car and engine. I had mine remapped at a place called West Yorkshire Tuning where he has a 4wd dyno and he writes his own custom remaps using his dyno. Mine came out after a stage one remap with no mods at 212bhp.
If you get a remap done at the right place and do your research then there is no reason why you’ll have any problems with the turbo or clutch.

I’ve got the exact same car and engine. I had mine remapped at a place called West Yorkshire Tuning where he has a 4wd dyno and he writes his own custom remaps using his dyno. Mine came out after a stage one remap with no mods at 212bhp.
If you get a remap done at the right place and do your research then there is no reason why you’ll have any problems with the turbo or clutch.
I understand.
I was wondering if I could put a custom intercooler with the stock turbo?

I’ve been looking into getting mine mapped too, one thing I’ve found is that the haldex needs a remap to deal with the new map, according to my vw bud and one of the main apr mappers

I’ve been looking into getting mine mapped too, one thing I’ve found is that the haldex needs a remap to deal with the new map, according to my vw bud and one of the main apr mappers
Im going APR stage 1 too. Im going to ask them for this

Also keep in mind that leaving DPF/EGR combo intact will eventually kill your DPF faster than a stock map (more fuel = more soot = DPF clogging faster).

Also keep in mind that leaving DPF/EGR combo intact will eventually kill your DPF faster than a stock map (more fuel = more soot = DPF clogging faster).
I dont want too but I have to pass the emissions...

Providing you monitor the dpf regularly and ensure it completes a regen when required you should be fine.

Providing you monitor the dpf regularly and ensure it completes a regen when required you should be fine.
Is it dangerous keeping it after remap? Because of more fuel and dpf will work more and im afraid it ll get higher temperature and risk of fire?

No you will be fine mate providing you get a remap from a reputable company. They just tend to fill up a bit quicker. I have a mapped tdi170 and get Approx 400 miles before a regen is required.

Is it dangerous keeping it after remap? Because of more fuel and dpf will work more and im afraid it ll get higher temperature and risk of fire?

How old is your car?
The older PD engine that has a dpf could potentially have the problem that you mention after a remap as Revo wouldn’t remap these engines with a DPF for that reason. If you have a newer CR engine then you’ll be fine

How old is your car?
The older PD engine that has a dpf could potentially have the problem that you mention after a remap as Revo wouldn’t remap these engines with a DPF for that reason. If you have a newer CR engine then you’ll be fine
Mine is 2009. 8pa Facelift. I think it has CR

I’m planning on moorfield German motors in Sheffield. Main apr dealer and he’s an ex Audi master tech, so knows his way around an Audi

Dpf delete on these engines makes the car rely on just 2 temp sensors (see darksidedevelopments for details). One being the pre turbo manifold O2 sensor which burns out relatively quickly...

Hey guys,
On a relevant question,I recently acquired from Germany a 2012 8p 2.0TDI Quattro.
When i finally received it here and while examining the engine saw an ABT engine control unit inside.
I had no info from the seller about it and an internet search about the specific model yielded no results.
I did email ABT for specifics about the upgrade so still waiting on that.
Any of you maybe know what I should expect?
Car runs fine no complaints but I would like to know what I m up against.
Mileage is 98.000 on the car.
Thanks for any input!

Hey guys,
On a relevant question,I recently acquired from Germany a 2012 8p 2.0TDI Quattro.
When i finally received it here and while examining the engine saw an ABT engine control unit inside.
I had no info from the seller about it and an internet search about the specific model yielded no results.
I did email ABT for specifics about the upgrade so still waiting on that.
Any of you maybe know what I should expect?
Car runs fine no complaints but I would like to know what I m up against.
Mileage is 98.000 on the car.
Thanks for any input!
Start your own thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180923-165049_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180923-165049_Chrome.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 165
The screenshot is for the 8v.
Should I expect the same for 8p?
Thought the thread is relevant that’s why I didn’t start a new one
U must have at least 190hp and u ll be fine because its ABT

Reactions: Andreashadji