A3 2.0t quattro info.

Heatho87

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on the fourm, At the moment I have a bora 1.8t with amd stage 2 and in the next few months im looking to buy an a3 2.0t 2005- just what to get some info or any problems that they have I would like to get at least stage 1/2 .

Any helpful info would be much appricated.

Elliott

By the end of Saturday he will have haha

As they are the same engine as the MK5 GTI then things to look out for are weak diverter valves, coilpacks and the PCV valve

Otherwise they are an extremely robust engine

Yes the drive back from Castle Combe should be an enjoyable one!! :yes:

They must make alot more that that on stage 2 with a hi flow cat and exhaust 270+ my 1.8t bora is nearly 240

So just the same as the old
1.8ts has the turbo been upgraded then from when it was on the 1.8ts because 240 bhp was the max you could go.

So just the same as the old
1.8ts has the turbo been upgraded then from when it was on the 1.8ts because 240 bhp was the max you could go.

Have you had the Bora rolling roaded at 240bhp?? Fair play if you have, but if you haven't then I expect you are around the 220bhp mark...

As above only problem I have had since mapping is the diverter valve which has now been replaced with a Forge alternative.

Had this engine in a Golf and had to replace the clutch/DMF after Stage 1 remap, DV was changed too just to be sure as its well documented that this is a weak component.
Other than that, no issues, great engine.
Enjoy.

Paul

quick thread jack save starting a new while we on topic thinking of remapping my 2.0t quattro whats with the dv thing will this need doing at the same time i saw the rev d 1 is that only for the s3 thanks

Lee

The 'Dv' diverter valves were a massive weakness on a certain aged car until they revised them,they are just a rubber diagphram on the old ones that become brittle n rip with movement,they were pooh on standard cars and then when cars were mapped they just ripped them a new 'A-hole' to put it kindly,they are about £70+vat from the dealers