1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 2.0l diesel, remap + EGR delete in kent...any suggestions?

soulwaffle Sep 26, 2020

1. soulwaffle

soulwaffle New Member

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a remap done + an EGR delete. I'm currently based in Kent or West Sussex. Any suggestions on who to have this work done by?

I currently drive an audi a3, 2.0l (2011) where the EGR valve is placed on the bottom. The car has started going into limp mode and the diag. tool is showing 'EGR Circuit Malfunction'. Rather than have the EGR valve replaced I'm thinking I'd rather have it deleted and the car remapped. A few questions:

- If I have the EGR valve deleted do I need to have the DPF 'gutted' ? Or will the car run just fine with an EGR valve delete?
    - How long does the work take to complete?
    - What am I looking to pay?

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

1) You can have the egr turned off without issues to DPF - I've done this countless times
    2) For a custom tune approx 5 hours
    3) Custom tune with EGR off £300 - if you have a DSG then its worth having that done at the same time.

Cheers

4. soulwaffle

soulwaffle New Member

Just a quick update. Spoke to Bobby prior to him replying to my thread. As per my understanding and the dyno read out: the EGR is now 'off' and the car is running at 190hp and 305ft/lbs.