A3 2.0 TFSI exhaust emissions light fault code: 008213

TomL83

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI sportback and i came out of work this morning and started my car up and i have the exhaust emissions light staying on. I have plugged in my vcds and scanned the car and it has come up with a fault code which is 008213 for the intake manifold flap position sensor (bank 1). The car seems to run fine but the light wont reset. Im going to take the car to my local Audi but just wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be and if its going to be an expensive job

take off the the air filter and spray some wynns injection and carb cleaner in and see if it clears, but the intake will need a good clean by taking it off and getting to all the working parts.

Yeh must be something like that as the warning light has gone off now. Will see if it comes back but I'm hoping it doesnt

Reactions: audismart
Well it stayed off for a few days then came back on. Stayed on for a few days and now it's gone off again. Iv got it booked into my local Audi Wednesday so hopefully they can shed some light on it

Well it stayed off for a few days then came back on. Stayed on for a few days and now it's gone off again. Iv got it booked into my local Audi Wednesday so hopefully they can shed some light on it
Did you get it sorted? What turned out to be the problem?

How do I Check Intake Manifold Flap I got a 2.0 TFSI petrol engine.

Is it me or is there not a 2009 - 2012 Haynes manual for petrol cars? I can find a Diesal version but not a petrol one. The only petrol one I can find is 04-08.