A3 2.0 tfsi (2009) 5dr s-line black edition - Clockspring part number?

itsme

Reaction score
hi all,

check airbag light came on. had it checked in a random garage, they told me it's a clockspring issue. quoted £340 but i don't trust them and want to take it elsewhere.

Had a service yesterday, the guy also confirmed that it is a clockpsring issue, said he would replace it for £90 but can't source the part from his supplier. Tried "clickmechanic", they also cancelled because they can't source the part from their supplier...

anyone could let me know how can i find the correct part number so i can order it myself?

and maybe you could recommend a brand? found quiete a few from £20-£100+ and no idea what's the difference?

this is the one i'm looking at: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/vemo/8007708 ... claims to be "Q+, original equipment manufacturer quality"

thank you!

hi all,

check airbag light came on. had it checked in a random garage, they told me it's a clockspring issue. quoted £340 but i don't trust them and want to take it elsewhere.

Had a service yesterday, the guy also confirmed that it is a clockpsring issue, said he would replace it for £90 but can't source the part from his supplier. Tried "clickmechanic", they also cancelled because they can't source the part from their supplier...

anyone could let me know how can i find the correct part number so i can order it myself?

and maybe you could recommend a brand? found quiete a few from £20-£100+ and no idea what's the difference?

this is the one i'm looking at: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/vemo/8007708 ... claims to be "Q+, original equipment manufacturer quality"

thank you!

i done mine the other day myself, that looks the same as my one, was like 20 quid but i think they vary in price, needed a t20-35 set can't remember specific and a m12 spline piece, i probably wouldve paid someone 90 lol plus need to reset srs light autodoc are pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for a used one off ebay. Won't cost more than 20 quid.
They rarely go wrong.

i got a used one broke two weeks later ordered another didn't fit the airbag harness, hopefully this 3rd works, always double check lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk