A3 2.0 TDI - What power and set-up is everyone using

ConorA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Performance wise, what is everyones set-ups for a A3 2.0 TDI. I know I won't be seeing great gains as its a diesel but I was just wonders as my 140 BHP is a little slow. A standard remap will bring it around 170 however I'm wanting a little more.
Thanks

Not so, you can get crazy BHP and torque from a TDi remap - but above a certain level the clutch will give out quickly and the transmission has a limit. The turbo also has a limit and it seems (from posts I've seen) potentially not to last too long after a map. Depends how much you value reliability really.

Not so, you can get crazy BHP and torque from a TDi remap - but above a certain level the clutch will give out quickly and the transmission has a limit. The turbo also has a limit and it seems (from posts I've seen) potentially not to last too long after a map. Depends how much you value reliability really.
I'm looking to replace the turbo anyway with it being a K03. Looks like ill have to change the clutch too ;)

Hi Guys,
Performance wise, what is everyones set-ups for a A3 2.0 TDI. I know I won't be seeing great gains as its a diesel but I was just wonders as my 140 BHP is a little slow. A standard remap will bring it around 170 however I'm wanting a little more.
Thanks

On a 140 tdi with a good and reliable remap you would get 180 - 190 bhp and have no need to change the clutch or turbo etc. But like I said, a good remap. Go for a cheap remap and you’ll not see the gains you expect or it’ll destroy your clutch and smoke like a chimney pot.

On a 140 tdi with a good and reliable remap you would get 180 - 190 bhp and have no need to change the clutch or turbo etc. But like I said, a good remap. Go for a cheap remap and you’ll not see the gains you expect or it’ll destroy your clutch and smoke like a chimney pot.
Who would you recommend in that case mate? If there are remaps out there on that level with reliability then I'd have one in a flash. No pun intended. I paid £5k of hard earned cash for my A3 not finance, and i want a couple of years out of it!

Who would you recommend in that case mate? If there are remaps out there on that level with reliability then I'd have one in a flash. No pun intended. I paid £5k of hard earned cash for my A3 not finance, and i want a couple of years out of it!

What area of the country are you from?

Can’t help you then unless you fancy a drive down to Yorkshire.
I think there’s a decent one in the north east of England called Durham remaps.

Would also be interested if anyone can recommend somewhere in NW area...

Would also be interested if anyone can recommend somewhere in NW area...

NW meaning north west?
If so there’s a place in Manchester called dervtech. If you’re prepared to travel a bit there’s a place near Bradford called West Yorkshire tuning, that’s where I had mine done. Mines a 170 tdi Quattro, they got it from 169bhp upto 211bhp but it’s the torque delivery that makes the biggest difference. I had mine done over 12 months ago and still no problems(touch wood).

Reactions: kcpism
Durham isn't too bad. Mine may actually be mapped cos the previous lady owner was the partner of a guy who owns a big motorsport garage, well known, and it's a sledgehammer in any gear. Even in 6th cruising around 45 mph / 1500 rpm on the motorway in a slow moving queue, I get clear, squeeze the pedal a bit and it pulls hard and hits 70 mph in a couple of seconds without changing down. Only does 40 mpg mind you. Chirps the flaming tyres at every junction unless you pull away gently at 1000 rpm and don't press too hard on the throttle till at least 3rd. According to the receipts and Audi history, it's had 6 sets of tyres in 6 years. The torque is relentless.

Last edited:
Some years ago (2003) I had one of the first A3 2.0 Tdi's produced and I took it to Superchips who had just opened up their new facility in Bicester. Those were the days when they took the ECU out (heated bolts up) and changed the mapping on the bench. I watched them do it. It drove like the previous poster's does. The only problem was that I got clutch slip under really heavy acceleration and had to take it back to have them modify the curve.

Regarding the remapping, I had my 2.0 TDi 140 done over two years ago now. Getting around 190-200-bhp and 425nm out of her now and I've not had to change the turbo or the clutch. Hopefully it'll stay that way a bit longer. I am hopefiny to get it on e roling road at some point this year as well. Was the best thing I had done to the car

Durham isn't too bad. Mine may actually be mapped cos the previous lady owner was the partner of a guy who owns a big motorsport garage, well known, and it's a sledgehammer in any gear. Even in 6th cruising around 45 mph / 1500 rpm on the motorway in a slow moving queue, I get clear, squeeze the pedal a bit and it pulls hard and hits 70 mph in a couple of seconds without changing down. Only does 40 mpg mind you. Chirps the flaming tyres at every junction unless you pull away gently at 1000 rpm and don't press too hard on the throttle till at least 3rd. According to the receipts and Audi history, it's had 6 sets of tyres in 6 years. The torque is relentless.

Probably has been remapped then by the sounds of it. Doesn’t sound like it’s the best though going off what you’ve said. Power delivery should be smooth throughout all gears, you shouldn’t have to wait until you’re in 3rd gear until you can drive it properly

It drives nicely now I'm getting used to it, only had it 2 weeks. It goes off like a bomb if you nail the throttle tho so I've gotten used to being progressive with it. It pulls hard from just over 1500 rpm in any gear, and when pulling out at a junction or roundabout you have to feather the clutch and throttle to pull away at 1000 rpm till it gets going or it chirps the tyres several times. Probably why the previous lady owner went through so many sets of expensive tyres.

Where in Yorkshire mate. I’m in Sheffield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the remapping, I had my 2.0 TDi 140 done over two years ago now. Getting around 190-200-bhp and 425nm out of her now and I've not had to change the turbo or the clutch. Hopefully it'll stay that way a bit longer. I am hopefiny to get it on e roling road at some point this year as well. Was the best thing I had done to the car

Where did you have yours done and what location

Where in Yorkshire mate. I’m in Sheffield

There’s the perfect place for you in Sheffield then called SLT remapping. They’re reliable for good remaps. The place I used is called West Yorkshire Tuning.

Reactions: ConorA3