A3 2.0 TDI S-tronic "Major Service"

glasgowdubber

Reaction score
Ok lads, looking for some advice/help/previous experience.

Just phoned my local dealership for a quote and they have come back with £328 for basically an oil/filter/pollen filter change, is it just me or does this seem quite excessive?

What price should I be looking around?

What's the mileage? Might also include air filter and fuel filter. S tronic also needs oil change but it's all mileage dependent.

What mileage have you done?. If it's anywhere near 40k it may include changing the s-tronic oil as well.

In June 2015 I paid £276 for my first service at 18k miles. I've only kept one of my A3s s-tronics as long as 40k and that was my 2009 model. I paid £207 in February for the s-tronic oil-change but did not pay for the service at the same time as they did that as a good will gesture after messing up the arrangements for a service on my wife's A1.

Audi servicing prices sound ridiculous!

Have you considered a decent independent?

Ask for a minor service which is £199 and add the filters on.

And by the way the only difference between a minor service and a major service is the amount of filters your change, you actually save money by asking for a minor and adding the rest of the filters on

Reactions: JonW1982UK
Sorry lads, should have said its 30,000miles, S-tronic is not included, I made sure I got an email confirmation of costs:

Below is pricing for the Major Service ( Inspection and oil change & Pollen Filter ) to be replaced as we discussed on the phone should come on the service light around 35K , If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact myself.

Service & Pollen Filter includes Parts Labour , VAT £328.31.

Definitely push them for a discount - shocking price

I cant believe I've just found this on their website: The Audi Service Plan covers your next two services* giving you greater value than booking each service seperately. Priced at a one off payment of £360 or 18 monthly payments of £20 for vehicles up to and including 2.0 litres

The cars on a 63 plate, and seems to be an issue if a cars under 3 years old, so looks like I'm better waiting until it's over 3 years old, then doing the above, basically getting a service for free!

Ok lads, looking for some advice/help/previous experience.

Just phoned my local dealership for a quote and they have come back with £328 for basically an oil/filter/pollen filter change, is it just me or does this seem quite excessive?

What price should I be looking around?
Yeah same as you I got my service in Glasgow Audi last week and it was the same price as yours. Luckily my car is leased I don't have to pay for the service.
I heard someone talking about A for Audi in Clydebank, they use audi / volkswagen trained technians and genuine VAG parts so they don't invalidate your warranty. You should check them out. A guy on here was saying you can get a service in there for a third of the price it costs you at Audi. Worth a look, audi are an absolute rip off.

Reactions: glasgowdubber