A3 2.0 TDI Quattro in progress

freezebox

Reaction score
Had the car for a few months but never got around to making a thread, i'm very lucky to have bought this as my first car, used to drive my mum's 1.2 polo first time I drove this it really scared me..

Took a long time for me to find one that fitted all the criteria but after a few months of looking the right one popped up, it was the two tone interior that did it for me.

Spent a good 4 hours today washing, clay baring and waxing it, the amount of crap and tar that came off the paint with the clay bar was insane.

Stuff done so far:
  • DPF removed, EGR blanked, mapped.
  • Aux input fitted.
  • Replace B-pillars (cracking)
Things being done in the next 3 months:
  • Cambelt + waterpump
  • Uprated clutch of some sort, thinking maybe sachs as stock clutch is slipping but unsure if I should go the SMF route or keep a DMF fitted.
  • Fit facelift LED rear lights.
  • Remove all numberplate and interior lights and replace with white LED's
Stuff I'm looking into/need to save up for (appreciate any advice/guidance):
  • Lower the car 20-30mm as it sits a bit high for my liking.
  • Fit flat bottom steering wheel.
  • Figure out how to change the crappy yellow headlights to bright white ones - is it just a case of changing the bulbs?
  • If/when the turbo goes bang fit a big hybrid.
  • Refurb the alloys as they are a bit tired or maybe source/fit some rotors.

Thanks for reading.

IMG 20150608 135154 IMG 20150608 135406 IMG 20150608 130927 IMG 20150608 140510 IMG 20150608 135528

Last edited:
Nice interior mate! Love the beading shot too!
how is it with the dpf and egr deleted?T8ups is the guy for lighting and sponsers the forum!
I'm looking into lowering mine and had a look at ap coilovers which offer a decent drop for a decent price
eibach springs is another road to go down
flat bottom steering wheels are available on eBay, I'd try and get one with an airbag and wiring harness as it can be difficult to get them separately

Reactions: freezebox
Nice interior mate! Love the beading shot too!
how is it with the dpf and egr deleted?T8ups is the guy for lighting and sponsers the forum!
I'm looking into lowering mine and had a look at ap coilovers which offer a decent drop for a decent price
eibach springs is another road to go down
flat bottom steering wheels are available on eBay, I'd try and get one with an airbag and wiring harness as it can be difficult to get them separately

Cheers, took me months to find one with that interior at the right price lol. Car is SO much better without that stupid DPF and EGR, engine breathes so much better and now hear a nice whistle from the turbo. DPF used to regen weekly, smelled like bleach, lowered MPG horrible stuff.

I'll see how much T8ups charges. Do you know what kind of springs I would need to lower mine another 2-3ish CM? Its on stock s line springs but still a bit high for my liking.

Was worth the wait! Wish I held out longer for a nicer interior
Good to hear about the DPF and EGR that seems to be the general consensus
S line suspension is 25mm lower than standard I think so any drop that is quoted from springs of coilovers will be reduced by 25mm
So I'd be looking at 50mm drop from springs, take a look at Eibach Sportline springs, DPM are a forum sponser for all things suspension and more
Damian @DPM is helpful too and I will be getting my coilovers and spacers from them when funds allow

Reactions: DPM and freezebox
Stick with the DMF my mate put a 6 or 8 paddle clutch with SMF on his 170 scirocco and he wishes he never had. Especially as it's his daily drive. It sounds terrible on idle, you would honestly think it was about to fall apart.

Reactions: freezebox