A3 2.0 tdi dsg brakes

rickyquicky

Reaction score
im ordering a full new set of brake discs and pads, the parts supplier near me is cheap but a bit clueless.

he wants me to tell him what make my calipers are, and the diameter of the front discs.

surely it will be the same as all the other 2005 (05) a3 2.0 tdi DSG's?

anyone know? then i can call back and get them ordered up :thumbsup:

Front disk: 288 mm
Rear disk: 255 mm
I've changed them in June.
My calipers are TRW. Also the pads are TRW.

thanks mate, yours is an 06 car though?

it might be different?, mines a 2005 05 pre-facelift.

or you confident it is the same?

Johnny hate to question your comment mate, but etka shows TRW-Girling as rears, fronts for 280/288 seem to show as Teves

I would check your vin with audi parts over the phone because there were 3 sizes for fronts, 280/288/312, but 312 might be related to 4wd manual, rear shows 255/260/310, but as said its related to chassis types, so parts can easily advise over the phone, as its clearly written at top of page which brand & the sizes for the discs aswell are on the disc listed part number

Whats car PR code in front of service book & vin number ricky?

sorry mate, dont have it to hand, will post it up later tonight when i fish all the docs out! :icon_thumright:

When I've changed mine I had to take off the wheels and measure the disks because I also got different answers. Some were saying 280mm others 288mm for the front and 255mm or 256mm for the rear.
I don't know if there are differences between facelift and pre-facelift versions. I always thought the size is related to engine power.

Before changing mine I searched in etka using my VIN, also searched on the net for PR numbers but I couldn't find the size.
Regarding the brand of the calipers, on mine is stamped TRW. I am sure about this because I saw.

Knowing etka mate anythings possible, he needs to call dealer to verify as suggested

im not 100% but my fronts were 288mm on 54 2.0 TDI DSG.

i used these guys to get my mintex discs and pads - cheapest by miles and a slight advantage over the oem stuff!

0161 681 6022 - surestart batteries but they do everything! may be worth a bell..

right guys, i called up my local audi dealer with VIN number to confirm...

front discs are 288mm

rear discs are 255mm

calipers are 'Teves' :icon_thumright:

Aha etka was right, for once, lol, its actually 99.999% accurate but we do like to pick holes huh

thanks for all the help guys.

kez - i spoke to the people you recommended and they are indeed cheap. quoted me about 140-150 all in (brakes and discs all round)

nice one! :respekt:

if anyone else can recommend someone else cheap that would be helpful....im always tight about a few quid lol!