A3 2.0 TDI COOLANT LEAK

Speedking777

Reaction score
Hi guys

Had this audi for just over a week now.

First of all, I have noticed that around every 200 miles the red coolant light comes on.

I understand that this is usually down to a cylinder head or gasket. Just wondering, what steps should I take before I assume its that, or what signs are there? I have no smoke from exhaust, no problems with the heater etc.

I have noticed that the min to max level on the actually bottle is around 3cm, i would say it comes from max to min during 100 miles +.

Second problem is turbo overboosting causing limp mode at high speed. Im already working on this tried the Forte cleaner, didnt work, going to try innotec , probably wont work, so will look in to a refurb, but im thinking now, if this coolant issue is going to destroy me I may as well just try and get rid of the car.

I tried forte and it worked for a few weeks but back to overboost now, there's a company right by me that does Terraclean which i've heard good stuff about

most importantly did you buy your car privately or from a forecourt/dealer?

if you bought it privately was it cheap enough that you wouldn't mind spending a decent few quid to make it perfect?

I tried forte and it worked for a few weeks but back to overboost now, there's a company right by me that does Terraclean which i've heard good stuff about

most importantly did you buy your car privately or from a forecourt/dealer?

if you bought it privately was it cheap enough that you wouldn't mind spending a decent few quid to make it perfect?

Hi

Id say I got a good deal, was a private sale. Good deal in terms of what i thought i was getting for the price, lol , ended up with potential problems.

Just went to terrraclean.com to find an agent, seems as if there is one near me. Did i even search the right thing? Is it more of an agent based rather than a company branch?

You said forte fixed it for a few weeks, what did you do in the end to get rid of the sticky vanes?

I do have the innotec stuff on order was going to try that when it comes but if terraclean is a good price i may try that first?

Also not sure how the service from teraclean would address the sticky vanes?

yeah they're agents, do some google searches for reviews

I stuck two bottles of forte in and brimmed the fuel, took it down the motorway a few times and it seemed fixed but 6 weeks after I'd used the forte it was back to overboosting at 3000rpm, so i'm guessing the vanes are still sticking. terraclean basically gets rid of all the carbon build up, otherwise the turbo will need taking out and cleaning properly

Well am thinking i may as well just stick to the innotec stuff first see how that does, then try terraclean i guess.