A3 2.0 Tdi (8P) Modifications

SteveE A3

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a few queries.
Im thinking about getting a k&n air filter and potentially getting my car chipped to improve performance and/or efficiency.

Anybody got experience of either? Are they worth it?

Thanks

Welcome to Audi-sport.net Steve. Any pics of the car? Enjoy the forum :) x

K&N no , as better off with std .

Definately get it remapped .

Thanks for the reply. I'll save my £40 from the k&n then!

Don't really no much about remapping. How much is it roughly? Where can I get it done? I've seen chips around on the internet, do they just plug in?

Remap piper cross panel filter with EGR and if you have a DPF delete is the way to go,

Thats great thanks for the info guys. So if I wanted to increase economy and performance equally, how much would I gain mpg and bhp? Its 170bhp (claimed at new) at the mo and i get atleast 45mpg on everyday commuting around town.

Also, does it have a negative affect on the engine? As in increasing wear as apposed to the standard map? Can it be set back to standard if required? Approximate price?

Im down in the South East so depends where you guys are located

Thanks

Maybe extra wear on sensors for example maf if it's weak but would fail regardless at some point anyway. Same goes for clutch to it just speeds up the failing process but wilt or without it will fail in time regardless , yes it can be put back to standard, mpg you will gain also as the car uses less effort and the better it breaths the better you will get too but you will obviously use more like and any car if you get your toe down, hope that makes sense. We are north east County Durham .

don't get a k&n as there contain oil just get a green panel filter will help very little.

As said no component that wouldn't have failed anyway will do so. Yes it may get pushed out of the door quicker.

If you continue driving as you are then MPG will increase, but as with everything if you enjoy your new power MPG will go down.

At the moment the car is ******* in it's own drink and drinking it whilst having a bung in it's ***. Blanking the EGR, gutting the DPF and mapping will sort that.

don't get a k&n as there contain oil just get a green panel filter will help very little.

green-cotton-filter-cleaning-oil-kit-2121-p.jpg

39.gif

Had a Superchips remap 3 years ago took all of 5min to do once the remap was down loaded to the handheld device.It made a marked improvement to the cars performance and with and increase in mpg.
No engine or clutch problems either since it was done.