A3 2.0 TDI 170 remap recommendations

Maverick9999

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the site as I've just become the proud owner of an 08 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line. I believe this is the older PD from my engine code (BMN)

Although it has some grunt I've heard some stories of remapping giving nearly 210bhp and am looking for recommendations for places who will be able to get this done.

Had a quick search on the forum and only found some quite old threads. I was wondering whether anyone had the same model as me and whether they had any recommendations on who I should use as well as stories of whether their clutch/DPF gave in?

Celtic tuning have quoted £350 to boost to 215bhp for on site or £150 for me to send them the map and for them to mail it back to me...

I've just had an Angel Tuning remap on the same engine and I'm very happy. It's normally £250, but mine was £275 as it couldn't be done via the OBD port because Audi had updated the access security following the injector recall.

Do a DPF delete and a remap! More Bhp and less things to go wrong :)

I've just had an Angel Tuning remap on the same engine and I'm very happy. It's normally £250, but mine was £275 as it couldn't be done via the OBD port because Audi had updated the access security following the injector recall.

In fact look at the 0 - 60 time I subsequently recorded.

Attachments

• P1040069.jpg
    P1040069.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,283
@Sliced: Any recommendations on a place that is good to do both? Also does a DPF delete cause issues when the car is serviced and I presume it will still pass the MOT?

@kwatrow: Did angel come to you or was this on a rolling road somewhere, what bhp did they quote you after the work?

I went to a local agent in Tunbridge Wells, but when there was an issue with the Audi update I had to wait for a guy from Angel HO to come and deal with it. I think if you go to their premises somewhere around Oxford they are cheaper still, but it's a question of balancing price with hassle. Not sure what the HP is, it's all on their website. I was more concerned with a good spread of power rather than top end output. It's a generic map so no need for a rolling road, but if you want to squeeze the last drop out of it with a custom map, then you would need one, but I wasn't bothered about a couple of HP more for a fair whack more money and a long drive to get it done. I did wonder about the DPF delete, but I do a lot of miles and was not too bothered about potential problems. Also as I have a quattro it is a bigger/more expensive job to get done. If I get DPF problems in the future I'll reconsider, but in terms of value for money my present package is very satisfactory.

what app is that?

Torque, but you need an OBD Bluetooth as well. I got the app for about a fiver, I can't recall, and I've borrowed the Bluetooth connector, but I think you can get them for about £10 - 12. There are bundles of options on the app. I just wanted to compare before and after remap and so far I have recorded a rear wheels 30 bhp increase on the same stretch of road and similar temperature etc.

Can the dpf be removed/deleted if and when it has an issue or is unreversible damage done by then?

I only do about 4k miles a year and its mainly country roads. I hear theres a particular way to drive to clean the filter?

I actually live very close to Oxford so will check out Angel

Can the dpf be removed/deleted if and when it has an issue or is unreversible damage done by then?

I only do about 4k miles a year and its mainly country roads. I hear theres a particular way to drive to clean the filter?

I actually live very close to Oxford so will check out Angel

4k a year!! I would have gone for an S3. Driving a smoker is only down to my increased mileage, I used to be very happy with my B5 RS4.