A3 2.0 tdi 170 power loss

S-line57

Reaction score
Hi new here and have just bought a sline a3 off a family member and I must say I'm in love with it. The car has a known problem that my brother has lived with for three years and is nothing major but it would be nice to figure it out . When car is floored up to 75 plus mph is looses power and if i stop car and turn off and back on its fine. Doesn't happen on a regular basis and car has been super reliable for years except this occasional issue. Its the 170 engine. Any ideas guys thanks.

Loses power completely, engine off, dash lights dead or the engine goes into a lower power aka limp mode state?

Hi mate sorry i should of gave. More detail. The car just looses boost and drives like a non turbi until turned off and when started back up its perfect until it happens again. Could be days weeks or months. No fault codes at all. Cars on 135000 miles full service history and had a recent service to. Been well looked after just had this strange problem for Last few years. Read abit about the n75 valve wonder if this would apply to my engine?

Thats limp mode I'd say, it should have logs on the ecu to advise if it went into limp, ideally a scan maybe wise 1st.

Reactions: S-line57
Looks to be a vacuum control block on this engine instead of the normal n75 but i might be wrong.

Yeah seems it could be vacuum issues or sticky veins maybe?

Actuator feels free so assuming not stuck vaens? Will check if it holds vacuum also tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if this car would have a n75 valve or if its just the vacuum control block.

Attachments

• IMG_20210521_152215.jpg
    IMG_20210521_152215.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
Have looked into this future and the actuator is not as free as it should be. Got mr muscle in there now so will report back with the results.

That has sorted it. If anyone was interested in trying this it really works the car now kicks the traction control in when accelerating. Really put the shits up my mrs lol no play in turbo actuator all free now and running better than it has in years.