A3 2.0 tdi 140 re map

Justo-S3

Reaction score
Hello people im new to this tuning stuff, just got myself an a3 2.0tdi 140 bhp its a 2007 with 127k on clock
ive been thinking about doing a re map but dont want the car to start having problems. It drives perfectly now but wouldnt Mind the extra bhp and mpg.

could anyone tell me a bit more about re mapping its self and what sort of gains id get also do you think the mileage is a bit high to be re mapping?

Thanks in advance

Hello people im new to this tuning stuff, just got myself an a3 2.0tdi 140 bhp its a 2007 with 127k on clock
ive been thinking about doing a re map but dont want the car to start having problems. It drives perfectly now but wouldnt Mind the extra bhp and mpg.

could anyone tell me a bit more about re mapping its self and what sort of gains id get also do you think the mileage is a bit high to be re mapping?

Thanks in advance

Hi mate,
At that mileage you'll need to start thinking about the inevitable with your clutch, DMF and MAF failure being top of the list. Perhaps even turbo given how hard those miles have been. Take it to a reputable tuner who'll VAGCOM it before to check for any faults and you can't really go far wrong. As for gains? Upto 170/180 wouldn't be out of the question given you've got the 2.0 PD TDI.

As for don't want the car to start to have problems, at that age/mileage problems are inevitable really it's just a case of which order and how long between each :)

Dan

Ive been looking at a remap for my 2007 2.0tdi but at 95k I'm not gonna take the risk. It's not like the car is slow anyway. I think your asking for trouble tbh.

Reactions: dannyh1991uk
Ive been looking at a remap for my 2007 2.0tdi but at 95k I'm not gonna take the risk. It's not like the car is slow anyway. I think your asking for trouble tbh.

Had the same dilemma but 06 plate with 60k miles... Not complaining about how it drives at the moment tbf, would be nice to have a bit extra torque and bhp... But dont want any unexpected bills while im trying to save up some money for other things :/

i bought my 2.0 petrol at 120k miles, iv just had it remapped from 200-265 ish, with an induction kit. who cares about miles, good service history is your friend.

Plus.
A remap normally only makes the problems you currently have show a bit more.

Also going to a repeatable mapper was the best thing i ever did, as he told me i had problems i didnt even realise i had!
And wow the difference after was mega after the boost leek was fixed!

I had my 140 remapped at 64,000 miles, went perfectly fine until it 100,000 then the turbo snapped clean in half, bits went through the engine so ended up putting a new lump in it. Darkside Developments fitted an engine with 42,000 miles on, one of their hybrid turbos and an uprated clutch, S3 intercooler, alloy boost pipes and tuned it to be fast but very economical. I can still achieve 500 miles from every tank and 600 if I'm careful. I had a rolling start race with my brothers A5 from 40mph the other day and it pulled away from him for the first 7 seconds. The car has done 132,000 and the new engine has done 70,000 miles now, Its all about how those previous miles have been driven and if its been serviced etc...

You mention looking for extra mpg, I've had 3 cars mapped, all have driven much better afterwards and I'll do it again, but tbh I've yet to see an improvement in fuel consumption.

First 2 were subarus, first map done in conjunction with different exhaust/ cat etc so difficult to say exactly how much the map alone would have been.
Second one was a custom map for a sports cat and bespoke stainless exhaust by a guy trading as Trackhound, unfortunately he only does Subarus, a very reasonable £250 for 303bhp.
Current Audi has a Shark Performance map courtesy of Brotek, think it was about £400, goes from 233to 270bhp but the increase in torque to about 550nm is what's most noticeable, and enjoyable!

I had my 2004 2.0 TDI remapped recently on 137k, haven't noticed any issues yet and I've done well over 1000 miles since. I think sometimes you just have to go for it. There may be problems, but like people said at the mileage we're on it's inevitable sooner or later.

my wifes mk4 golf tdi 150 is on genuine turbo running 180ish bhp no probs that's done 170000.

if a part is going to pop it will pop might be very new or very old .

I had my 140 remapped at 64,000 miles, went perfectly fine until it 100,000 then the turbo snapped clean in half, bits went through the engine so ended up putting a new lump in it. Darkside Developments fitted an engine with 42,000 miles on, one of their hybrid turbos and an uprated clutch, S3 intercooler, alloy boost pipes and tuned it to be fast but very economical. I can still achieve 500 miles from every tank and 600 if I'm careful. I had a rolling start race with my brothers A5 from 40mph the other day and it pulled away from him for the first 7 seconds. The car has done 132,000 and the new engine has done 70,000 miles now, Its all about how those previous miles have been driven and if its been serviced etc...

How much bhp did u get after all that ?

Initial remap before the engine went was 148bhp to 184bhp. Then after the work I think its touching 210 ish, don't really know, not that fussed about figures. It hasn't been on the rolling road just custom mapped out on the road. it sounds wicked and seriously shifts. The turbo doesn't kick in till around 2000rpm so I can sit at 70mph and get 60 mpg.

Might I add that the A5 was a 3.0TDI Quattro..........