A3 140bhp TDi Siren Noise - Refurb or Hybrid?

mully

Reaction score
Hi guys, my audi a3 2.0l tdi has started to make the dreaded siren noise, its done 85k on a 2005. Im not sure what to do next, get my turbo refurbished or get a second hand hybrid.

The thing is i dont even know what the difference is between my normal turbo and a hybrid!! can people help me out and give me advice on costs, benefits of either turbo etc.....

Thanks

Just had mine. Referbed at turbo clinic Leeds with a billet ally updated compressor wheel they are good at what they do mate and quick aswell

Euro Car Parts sell VW/Audi turbos, sometimes at a bargain price, and no they are not cheap Chinese type replicas.

Possibly, but what is that ?
As far as I'm aware the term billet means machined from one block of metal as opposed to each part being made separately and put together or cast, so in this case the compressor wheel was machined from a single block of aluminium (alloy i'd imagine) making it stronger and less brittle than other methods. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

so do these methods make the siren noise go? and how much does it cost?

About £430 mate or £330 with standard cast alloy comp wheel that's pick up and return courier inc. and yes sounds sweet now and no over boost codes or limp mode

Is the turbo using oil? Does it perfom as it should etc. Often many people change the turbos when theyre noisy even though they are good.

Obviously if its knackered then get it looked at but a noisy turbo may go on for a very long time.