A3 1.8Turbo Suspension Upgrade / Lowering?

DBXdarkangel

Reaction score
hi guys, im wanting to no if i can fit lowering shocks and springs all round an not have to change any ARB`s or bushes?

basicaly i need a new front shocker for my A3 1.8Turbo. but as a new shocker is like £50 then might as well replace the whole set front and rear and lower it too but not sure if i can get away with just replacing them and not anything else?

Ive got the weitech 40mm kit on my A3(cheers dpm:beerchug:) and didnt have to change anything else. Very pleased with the results too, car handles much better now...:racer:

ive just been told by my local grease monkeys that the A3 needs to be a 35mm / 40mm lowering kit. as in, 35mm at the back and 40mm at the front. ive seen these kits too. what are you guys running? would it be better to get 40mm all round or 35mm / 40mm?

also will i need to buy Front and rear Bumpstops and a Front and rear Mount Kit, includes Bearings?

I dont know which set up would be best, but have got it lowered 40mm all round, n didnt put any new bump stops or anything, just the new springs and shocks. The car rides fine and handles well also...:shrug:

It depends how worn your current ones are. New standard ones from Audi aren't expensive.

Damian @ DPM

how much are we talking? just wondering if its worth getting the whole lot renewed then its done. bump stops, top mounts, full shocks and springs :)

so i dont need to lower the car one end more than the other? is there any pics of you guys cars that have lower it by 40mm so i can see?

many thanks in advance :)