A3 1.8t with leon cupra??

dexter6324

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to the site, im looking for some advice and info.

I have a standard a3 1.8t and a modified cupra, the plan is to transfer what i can to the audi and make the leon standard, but im not sure if i can use certain parts, i.e suspension, brakes, gearbox, rear bumper and exhaust? Are these parts interchangeable? Ive searched the forum and cant find any info on this?

Any help is appreciated and i will upload pics and updates as i go.

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to the site, im looking for some advice and info.

I have a standard a3 1.8t and a modified cupra, the plan is to transfer what i can to the audi and make the leon standard, but im not sure if i can use certain parts, i.e suspension, brakes, gearbox, rear bumper and exhaust? Are these parts interchangeable? Ive searched the forum and cant find any info on this?

Any help is appreciated and i will upload pics and updates as i go.
Rear bumper won't work out, not sure on suspension but everything else will work. Cupra are going up in price so I don't blame you for that but don't sell it...sell the Audi instead as it's only a A3.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
Cupras are cheap as chips, even the R these days. Rs prices have fluctuated a little, but they're unlikely to be worth big money any time soon.

@OP - if the A3 is 2wd then most parts will swap straight across. Bumper won't as has been mentioned, and I believe the exhaust tip is in a slightly different location but that's a pretty simple fix for any exhaust shop with their salt.
If the A3 is 4wd then the rear brakes and suspension are different (the former is another simple tweak to make work) and you'll need a 4wd box too.

Cupras are cheap as chips, even the R these days. Rs prices have fluctuated a little, but they're unlikely to be worth big money any time soon.

@OP - if the A3 is 2wd then most parts will swap straight across. Bumper won't as has been mentioned, and I believe the exhaust tip is in a slightly different location but that's a pretty simple fix for any exhaust shop with their salt.
If the A3 is 4wd then the rear brakes and suspension are different (the former is another simple tweak to make work) and you'll need a 4wd box too.
Lmao. Cheap, not as cheap as a A3. Only cheap cupra you will find is near dead or rust issues. Good condition can fetch twice the price of an A3 .

200% of nothing is still nothing. A tidy Cupra can be picked up for around £1000. Hell, I've recently (past 2 months) bought a pair of tidy LCRs for under £3.5k total.

A3s have been cheaper than 1.8t Leons for years, but that doesn't mean the Cupras are expensive, and they certainly don't appear to be appreciating in price significantly either.

Edit: the above is largely irrelevant anyway. The OP has both, and clearly by his posting here wants to sell the Leon and enjoy the A3. There's more to life than making a couple of hundred quid instead of enjoying your chosen vices.

Last edited:
200% of nothing is still nothing. A tidy Cupra can be picked up for around £1000. Hell, I've recently (past 2 months) bought a pair of tidy LCRs for under £3.5k total.

A3s have been cheaper than 1.8t Leons for years, but that doesn't mean the Cupras are expensive, and they certainly don't appear to be appreciating in price significantly either.

Edit: the above is largely irrelevant anyway. The OP has both, and clearly by his posting here wants to sell the Leon and enjoy the A3. There's more to life than making a couple of hundred quid instead of enjoying your chosen vices.
Cupra R in good condition low mileage won't sell for less than 3k unless they are desperate for cash or its about to fail/thrashed to death.
Cupra will go for a grand all day yes...but an A3 will fetch what...£500