A3 1.8t V5?

mattm

BLACK EDITION
Reaction score
Im looking at a new MAF sensor on ebay and the company states this particular model is for A3 1.8T V5... what the hell is that? Im aware of a Golf V5 but not A3?

Said that Audi never made an A3 V5 but they replied and said they did from 97-2000. Are they talking crap or what?

If not... never knew! :think: :cool:

Hi,

Have a look on top of a 1.8T engine. It has a big 'V5' logo on there. It refers to the 5 valves per cylinder of the Engine fitted to Audis, VW, and Skoda 1.8T engines.

It sounds like it is the proper one for you, assuming you have a 1.8T or an S3...

Cheers,

alijames said:
Hi,

Have a look on top of a 1.8T engine. It has a big 'V5' logo on there. It refers to the 5 valves per cylinder of the Engine fitted to Audis, VW, and Skoda 1.8T engines.

It sounds like it is the proper one for you, assuming you have a 1.8T or an S3...

Cheers,

Ah yeah thats it, totally forgot about the engine cover

Mine is a 1.8t with the 5v on the cover... that'll be where they're getting confused.

I think they are thinking audi made a 5 cylinder A3

i'd avoid getting a MAF off Ebay.

I bought one which had the same part number so thought i had found a bargain but after fitting it the car didn't seem to go faster than 30mph. I managed to get it changed by the seller because I thought it may have been faulty but had the same problems with the replacement. Luckily I got my money back in the end, but took about 2 weeks. Just my experience.