A3 1.8T AUM engine mod help needed

GregerseN

GOT TURBO?
Reaction score
So hi again guys!

Once again asking for advice - I am looking for new things to change on My a3...
Car is almost Stock 1.8T 150bhp AUM, 115.000km on clock.. Only thing fitted is a sports filter..

In the future i want to...
- get it mapped to just about 200 bhp..
- get some kind of catback exhaust system with decat..

Now - i need suggestions:
I want My engine to be as healthy as possible, strong and fast as possible..

Would it give anything IF I...
- changed intake manifold?
- change ignition coils (IF thats the name)?

Got links, suggestions, anything, let me know..?
Ty

@Erikn89nl : I've read that topic a few times, and I see some of the suggestions, and Theres indeed some of them i'll do - but im also looking for other ideas, such as the ones I wrote - "larger intake manifold" or "s3 coils"

@Tuffty
I heard that a larger intake manifold would do some (upgrade intake mani), and that S3 coils would do some aswell..
maybe not???

/G

Last edited:
I would be pretty certain that as Tufty has said they won't bring any gains with a KO3S turbo. The stickies are a pretty concise guide for what to do with your turbo. Unless you're intending to change the turbo then any additional engine mods other that what are listen in the stickies would be fairly pointless. And if you are then your first point of call will be forged rods..

@Erikn89nl : I've read that topic a few times, and I see some of the suggestions, and Theres indeed some of them i'll do - but im also looking for other ideas, such as the ones I wrote - "larger intake manifold" or "s3 coils"

@Tuffty
I heard that a larger intake manifold would do some (upgrade intake mani), and that S3 coils would do some aswell..
maybe not???

/G

K03 runs out of puff after its initial boost spike so no, there are no gains unless you go for a much bigger turbo...

S3 coil packs are the same as A3 coil packs...not even the much fabled TFSi coil packs make any real world difference... fresh coil packs and fresh plugs is all you need

<tuffty/>

Ah okay..
My intention is to give it some new plugs soon, but could very well be it should have some fresh coils too..
Any particular ones?

Alrighty then, fellas, I think i'll just start from the top in the stickied topic regarding AUM engines, and take the advices from there..
My friends just told me that upgrade coils would be the best... /setignore on ;-)

/G

At K03 power levels OE or NGK std are fine... NGK part numbers would be PFR6Q (platinum) or BKR6IEX (iridium)

<tuffty/>

Doesn't the AUM have a K03s, 180bhp?

Mine is 150bhp aum
Hope I have the the ko3s
Correct, the AUM engine runs with a k03s turbo

The way to figure this out

PRE-FACELIFT: AGU 1.8T has k03 turbo
FACELIFT: has AUM 1.8T engine, k03s turbo

BUT.. it's still a 150 BHP car, but can be chipped to just around 200 BHP just from the chip..

EDIT: even more information for you Guys, is also to be seen in this thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...k03-k03s-agu-and-aum-engines-fwd-cars.191705/
explains more about AGU/AUM engine

By the way, @Tuffty, Theres something about the AUM thats said you can get Launch control, either by Mapping it or getting someone to activate it using VCDS tester?

Do you know how this Works exactly? Must it be mapped to get launch control or can I just put on a VCDS tester?

Needs to be mapped and is not recommended unless you at least have rods or a healthy supply of engines and turbos...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: GregerseN
Needs to be mapped and is not recommended unless you at least have rods or a healthy supply of engines and turbos...

<tuffty/>
Ah yeah okay.. Guess I wont be needing that then, haha! :-D Tyvm