A3 1.8 TFSI

Payney1998

Reaction score
I’ve been having trouble with my car for about 2 months now sometimes when I start it up I’ll go to pull away and the revs drop right back down to idle and they bob up and down and then the engine cuts out the accelerator pedal also doesn’t work during this I try to rev it slightly to keep it from cutting out but it’s just a dead pedal whilst that is happening. Also sometimes when I’m driving it there feels like there’s no boost there as if just the engine is doing all the work. Both these issues come and go some days the car runs absolutely brilliant, I noticed it happens when the car is low on petrol hence why I’ll be getting a new fuel filter fitted.

I went and got it plugged in to see if any codes came up and these came up the garage i went to suggested start simple and replace the fuel filter so I’ll do that tomorrow, but could it be something else ? Has anyone encountered this problem before?
8EFF50FA 7998 476A 8CB5 00EE02D0DD5C

Try replacing your PCV Valve and DV - clear your codes and see what comes back.

Try replacing your PCV Valve and DV - clear your codes and see what comes back.

The garage I took it to get scanned blocked up the pipe I’ve circled on the picture he cleared the codes and said when I come back in a few days he’ll check it again, is that pipe to do with the PCV valve ?
2285FE42 6E4F 4F3A 90B2 0D1C564AEDBA

Nope, it is N80 valve, can be related but before any replacement, check MAP sensor wiring first.