A3 1.8 tfsi upgrades

BennybS3

Reaction score
This is asking on behalf of my cousin

He's looking at purchasing an A3 1.8 tfsi pre facelift but he wants do some modification...what exactly is out there on the market? He told me he wants an s3 style exhaust system but unsure if possible? What have you guys running this engine done to yours? Any help be much appreciated

In short pretty much all you can do to a GTI or R/S3 you can on the 1.8TFSI. Just there's little support on the 7 speed DSG, but thats solved if that car is manual.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

In short pretty much all you can do to a GTI or R/S3 you can on the 1.8TFSI. Just there's little support on the 7 speed DSG, but thats solved if that car is manual.

So you saying he can buy things for an s3 and that would work on his a3? He's looking at DSG sorry I should of mentioned that

I have 1.8tfsi sedan, everything is same bolt-on as S3.

Reactions: Solyarkin and BennybS3
Does anyone know if there's a turbo upgrade or what model turbo the 1.8 is running?? Also a twin exit exhaust system similar to the s3?

This is asking on behalf of my cousin

He's looking at purchasing an A3 1.8 tfsi pre facelift but he wants do some modification...what exactly is out there on the market? He told me he wants an s3 style exhaust system but unsure if possible? What have you guys running this engine done to yours? Any help be much appreciated

I have the same car and also interested. Recently saw Someone had a few things done to their 1.8, see photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_7128.PNG
    IMG_7128.PNG
    599.1 KB · Views: 1,240
Does anyone know if there's a turbo upgrade or what model turbo the 1.8 is running?? Also a twin exit exhaust system similar to the s3?
Yes few ppl have done, they have replaced with mk7 gti is20 turbo...A3 1.8T stock is12 turbo is lil bit smaller than gti turbo. There's no twin exhaust in A3 like S3 but can be done getting custom exhaust with S3 diffuser.

Sent from my HTC 10

I have the same car and also interested. Recently saw Someone had a few things done to their 1.8, see photo attached

Oh looks good that one mate some extreme gains there...so am s3 turbo does fit the 1.8 then by looks of it

Reactions: KieranJ22
Yes few ppl have done, they have replaced with mk7 gti is20 turbo...A3 1.8T stock is12 turbo is lil bit smaller than gti turbo. There's no twin exhaust in A3 like S3 but can be done getting custom exhaust with S3 diffuser.

Sent from my HTC 10

What about an s3 turbo? Because pic above states that they have an s3 turbo on their engine so surely could replace that with a hybrid turbo?

What about an s3 turbo? Because pic above states that they have an s3 turbo on their engine so surely could replace that with a hybrid turbo?
You can use both GTI (IS20), and R (IS38) turbos.

IS20 is more likely to be a better choice since the 1.8TFSI pushes less air, and the IS38 will take longer to fully spool, and most important the DSG torque limitation.

There just a matter of finding your tunning solution, you'll have to check if they cover your car with the upgraded turbo.

You can use JB4 (pnp) by itself and for turbo upgrade, but I don't know how better or worse would it be compared to a ecu flash.

IS38 turbo from S3/Golf R has been fitted but on manual gearbox and also on 1.8T awd as it uses dsg DQ250 gearbox stronger than dsg7

Sent from my HTC 10

Hi I have a 1.8tfsi stronic and am interested in the gti turbo upgrade anyone have any info or links
For the builds