A3 1.8 t quattro sport 180 2001 remaped WOW!

melon454

Reaction score
Had my first a3 for 3 weeks now and was not that impressed with the performance.got this week off work so i bought some rs4 18" alloys and today thought ive just goto get it remaped to see what its capable of...... well f**k me its like it never had a turbo before and now its like whitney was going to her dealers.

Its epic now and the only fault is the ****** ecu dumping the boost as soon as you decelerate one tiny bit, im not that good with cars but im going to have a crack at removing the valve thingy in the sticky threads, didnt notice before but now your head snaps back on the gas and off it it snaps forward.
Im amazed at what a 1.8 engine can do just WOW!

Reactions: Buzzer
Oh and i forgot to say what should i do next? the whole car is standard apart from uprated brakes and some 18" rs4 alloys ive put on.

Hi mate. Welcome. Glad to hear that you like your car with the map.

Prawns your man really in terms of upgrades but...an uprated tip and air filter are good little upgrades. Then downpipe/exhaust/fmic/manifold will all be more significant down the road but at greater cost.

These cars are about airflow. More in and more out generally equates to more performance.

Bear in mind though that more speed might require better handling and brake set up...but that's another story.

i was thinking of a down pipe for the next upgrade or is the turbo ip a better buy? will the air filter make much of an improvement?

the car is supposed to dump boost when you deaccelerate

Reactions: Mi11ar
the car is supposed to dump boost when you deaccelerate
do you have any figures from the remap???
if you havent done it already you should seriously consider a silicone TIP (turbo inlet pipe) paired with a 3" DP (down pipe) will free up the turbo no end!! very restrictive parts for our car... oh and a forge 007p diverter valve too!!!

i was thinking of a down pipe for the next upgrade or is the turbo ip a better buy? will the air filter make much of an improvement?

All improvements to airflow will but as everything...it's a case of bangs for bucks and what's the best order.

To be honest, the best inexpensive ones will be a decent turbo intake pipe (TIP) and a decent air filter, like a green one or such like, in the standard airbox (cone filters tend to increase noise certainly but not necessarily power...but there is some debate on asn on this topic). Like A3tell says, if you haven't already, sort a Forge 007 Diverter Valve too as the standard one is awful and isn't man enough.

From then on in it gets more expensive and depends on how far you want to go and at what cost.

Mods above and beyond the above which will aid bhp/lb torque:-

Downpipe/Full stainless/Sport cat (downpipe is best element)
FMIC
Silicone Hoses
Manifold
Big/Hybrid Turbo

Hope this helps

Reactions: S3 MCW
Had my first a3 for 3 weeks now and was not that impressed with the performance.got this week off work so i bought some rs4 18" alloys and today thought ive just goto get it remaped to see what its capable of...... well f**k me its like it never had a turbo before and now its like whitney was going to her dealers.

Its epic now and the only fault is the ****** ecu dumping the boost as soon as you decelerate one tiny bit, im not that good with cars but im going to have a crack at removing the valve thingy in the sticky threads, didnt notice before but now your head snaps back on the gas and off it it snaps forward.
Im amazed at what a 1.8 engine can do just WOW!

Yeah, they are quality editions.

Glad to hear you didnt waste your money on an S3. The re-map on mine took it to 245 or 254 , now granted i had mods on it already and didn't officially know what to expect. I put this up on the first day on ASN and was laughed at. Someone mentioned wheel spin and clutch slip - which looks to be the case now. Then after was tinkered with along with trottle response and fueling boost back and forward, back and forward. She spun 209 / 202 / 204.

There are a lot of options, A LOT! Set yourself a marker, and work to it.

Glad to hear you didnt waste your money on an S3. The re-map on mine took it to 245 or 254

lol!...what is exactly wrong with an S3? I'm suprised as most comments about A3 over an S3 would be from those with standard front wheel drive. Isn't the sport quattro, in essence, an S3 with smaller turbo.

lol!...what is exactly wrong with an S3? I'm suprised as most comments about A3 over an S3 would be from those with standard front wheel drive. Isn't the sport quattro, in essence, an S3 with smaller turbo.

Just re-assuring the man of his choice.

When you post saying that you are considering fitting a K04, K03/04 hybrid or a bigger turbo I am going to laugh. :thumbsup:

You should come to Gloucestershire - Fine S3 examples down here...

Just re-assuring the man of his choice.

Ha...there's nothing wrong with that at all.

It's a great car, no doubt about it and I nearly bought one myself...like the whole A3/S3 to be fair.

They all benefit from being one of the easiest and best modification platforms out there.

Enjoy your ride!

Glad to hear you didnt waste your money on an S3. The re-map on mine took it to 245 or 254 , now granted i had mods on it already and didn't officially know what to expect. I put this up on the first day on ASN and was laughed at. Someone mentioned wheel spin and clutch slip - which looks to be the case now. Then after was tinkered with along with trottle response and fueling boost back and forward, back and forward. She spun 209 / 202 / 204.

Do you have any graphs? Mine is making similar power (around 206 according to VCDS g/s readings) and would be keen to see how and when your power comes in?

Do you have any graphs? Mine is making similar power (around 206 according to VCDS g/s readings) and would be keen to see how and when your power comes in?

I'd like to see that dyno.

The next time i will be at regal now will be MOT in Summer. 3 month plan for FMIC / TIP / Diverter Valve / Ko3 Hybrid / Inhjectors blah blah blah money money god damn money! With some luck i'll be going down with my mechanic to japfest in May to (hopfully) do a 10sec 1/4 mile. You'll be the first to know xxx

The next time i will be at regal now will be MOT in Summer. 3 month plan for FMIC / TIP / Diverter Valve / Ko3 Hybrid / Inhjectors blah blah blah money money god damn money! With some luck i'll be going down with my mechanic to japfest in May to (hopfully) do a 10sec 1/4 mile. You'll be the first to know xxx

Have you got any current power graphs from a dyno showing the "245bhp/254bhp" you quoted above?

10sec 1/4's on a K03 hybrid in an A3 Quattro? good luck with that!!!

<tuffty/>

There is a stripped out Mk2 Golf with AWD, 20v stroker and 750hp that manage 10s.... not sure you could hit that hp level on a K03 hybrid even on a dyno in the US ;P

<tuffty/>

Surely the "JAPFEST" should have given it away.

You dissappoint me Tufty, you're normally on the money with posts :icon_thumright:

No mention of his Scooby in this post :uhm:

Surely the "JAPFEST" should have given it away.

LOL.

This would have given it away duder....

"With some luck i'll be going down with my mechanic to japfest in May IN HIS SCOOBY to (hopfully) do a 10sec 1/4 mile"

:thumbsup:

BOOM! There it is!!

Fitting a K03 hybrid, with S3 injectors, S3 MAF etc etc. So the S3 you don't like, but the parts.... that's another story.... lol

Welly, the pure and only reason i did not get an S3 - and i test drove 3 before the TQS, was i just dont like the look of them. Asthetics are a must on a car....and the S3 just didnt do it for me. I LOVE the silent sleeper look to a car, subtle, looks stock - but with some horses when needed.

If i wanted peformance - i'd buy jap. But cant insure an Evo ( realistically ) until November....until then its the TQS

Welly, the pure and only reason i did not get an S3 - and i test drove 3 before the TQS, was i just dont like the look of them. Asthetics are a must on a car....and the S3 just didnt do it for me. I LOVE the silent sleeper look to a car, subtle, looks stock - but with some horses when needed.

If i wanted peformance - i'd buy jap. But cant insure an Evo ( realistically ) until November....until then its the TQS

This stinks of bull****, the s3 is a better looking car then the TQS, yet still not brash in anyway.

I own a TQS and not an S3 because I am a Yut, not because the TQS is a better looking or faster car, because it isn't.

Welly, the pure and only reason i did not get an S3 - and i test drove 3 before the TQS, was i just dont like the look of them.

Dude, that's fair enough :).

I try and live life by an 'each to their own' policy - one's man's treasure is another man's junk.

Reactions: Sandra
Alais, have you got any dyno graphs to show your current power with your current mods?

Im sure i can get them to email it to me again - i gotta go down and pay up at the garage tommorow.

I'll create a thread when ive got it so you can all pick it apart.

Audi A3 TQS <-> Japfest

hmmmm :sos:

I went to Japfest at Castle Combe in my S3 last year!

Having said that I don't go for the cars... I go for this:

5748571527_cdc3b4df45.jpg

This stinks of bull****, the s3 is a better looking car then the TQS, yet still not brash in anyway.

I own a TQS and not an S3 because I am a Yut, not because the TQS is a better looking or faster car, because it isn't.

Would you like a complete list as to why i didnt get a S3 - i'll create a thread just for you :wub:

Mat20vt had an A3 TQS with a GT2871r BT conversion done by Badger5... that was a nice car to be honest and I can see the sleeper appeal of them...

I bought an S3 as I wanted a car that was sorted out of the box and I wouldn't have to mod it... I was slightly wrong... but then the A3 isn't sorted out the box either...

Didn't stop me lavishing cash on it sadly as once you have modded cars it never really leaves the blood stream...

<tuffty/>