A3 1.6 SE/ SPECIAL EDITION/ FSI ?

Yes mate got a vibe sub kicking me in the back, left in the original speakers as they can easily handle it and since the head unit powers them they give out much more umpf than before! I've got a double din app radio 2, which has sat nav through the iPhone and lets you play videos etc. doesn't look as OEM as the RNS-e but I wanted something that lets me crank up the volume a tad. Very pleased with it.

Sounds nice mate, was it hard to hook up a sub with the standard head unit?

Buying a diesel ones will cost you more, as they are not as simple as petrol engines, just get yourself a 1.6 petrol, doesn't really matters whether it's 1.6 or 1.8, if you know your insurance will be affected! 115 BHP for 1.6 petrol engine is fine!

Make sure you have a test drive with a dealer before buying one!

My first A3 was 1.6 FSI and had it for a year and a few months, trust me the maintenance cost was way cheaper than diseal ones, also running on petrol is much better if you're not doing high miles!!!

Diseal engines is mostly for motorways!!! Also they don't hold their values as much as petrol ones! :)

Good luck :)

Hi mate, yeah I like the 1.6's, and be a lot cheaper to maintain than the 2.0 tdi.

I like the red S-Line on auto trader, but it is a bit pricey and he won't budge much on his price.

Then again I came across this earlier, looks nice but isn't the FSI.

Audi A3 1.6 MPI Special Edition 2004, SERVICE HISTORY, 66K | eBay

Has anybody seen this car around before? Does it have the 8p2 front end?

Not sure what you mean by standard, think its very difficult to hook a sub up to the oem head unit. Was very easy to hook the sub up to the aftermarket head unit. Andy Mac on here has a guide which made it ridiculously easy to install! Took me maybe 2-3 hours of chilled installation time, if I were to do it again I reckon you could get it down to about 30 mins! :)

I have fitted a lot of systems with after market head units but is I was to get the RNS-E Head-Unit I am wondering how hard it would be to hook up a after market sub & amp.

I have my heart set on the Red S-Line I posted on here couple of days ago, just hope he still has it in Feb :(

Sounds like you had a really nice car mate, just lack of power. But as I have said loads of times going from a 75bhp Golf to a 115bhp A3 would be a difference to me, it would suit me nicely for a couple of years until I have racked up 3/4 years no claims.

I can't find a 1.6 with all them extras though! How much did you pay?
Did you manage to find one you like? Because I'm kinda in the same position as I'm 19, looking for a 1.6 fsi, if you did find one, how was it?

D