A3 1.5L TFSI Jerking

Where and what indication light do you get when it's running on 2 cylinders?
I have the fuel economy display in the Rev counter. This shows instantaneous and average trip mpg on a horizontal bar: it also shows when the car is using regen. In a previous discussion in this forum we worked out that the 8Y indicates 2 cylinder mode within this display by turning the normally grey bar completely green.

IIRC there’s also a fuel economy display that you can select in the area between the tacho and speed dials, that shows a textual indication when two cylinder mode is active (not available if the aforementioned option is selected).

Last edited:

SteveF1

I went on a 15 mile journey today and I only saw the 2 cylinder notification on the dash once in that time. It's the first time I've actively looked for it and had that particular screen on the dash.

I was shocked at how little ACT kicks in but pretty much rules it out as the cause of the kangarooing.

KXL

I have the fuel economy display in the Rev counter. This shows instantaneous and average trip mpg on a horizontal bar: it also shows when the car is using regen.
Have you, or anyone here, manage to diplay instataneous MPG not as a horizontal bar, but as numbers fluctuating? Understand that the 'since start' and 'long term' mpg would be displayed in numbers.

Have you, or anyone here, manage to diplay instataneous MPG not as a horizontal bar, but as numbers fluctuating? Understand that the 'since start' and 'long term' mpg would be displayed in numbers.
Not me.