A3 1.5L TFSI Jerking

Nothingdoing079

I've been noticing over the last couple of days, that when taking off from a cold start (i.e. if the car has been off for >2 hours) that the A3 will jerk slightly (almost like when first learning to drive) before becoming more responsive.

I have seen that there was an issue with the 1.5L engine a couple years ago due to a similar reason, but understood from everything I've read that this had been fixed.

I was wondering whether anyone else is seeing or experiencing similar with their cars at all? I've had this car for 2 weeks now, and yet nothing seems to be going how I would expect it to.

KXL

Is yours a manual 1.5TSI? As far as I know, the DSGs / S-Tronic do not have jerking problem, however the 1.5 Evo ACTs 150s it was not uncommon for the car to Kangaroo when cold. Can't comment if it has been fixed or not, but previous gen cars with the 1.5 EVo never truly had a real fix, just managed to maybe lessen the jerking. As far as I know, there is little difference between the 1.5Evo from previous gens cars to current cars, so wouldn't be surprised if the jerkiness still persists on manual 1.5s.

Nothingdoing079

Is yours a manual 1.5TSI? As far as I know, the DSGs / S-Tronic do not have jerking problem, however the 1.5 Evo ACTs 150s it was not uncommon for the car to Kangaroo when cold. Can't comment if it has been fixed or not, but previous gen cars with the 1.5 EVo never truly had a real fix, just managed to maybe lessen the jerking. As far as I know, there is little difference between the 1.5Evo from previous gens cars to current cars, so wouldn't be surprised if the jerkiness still persists on manual 1.5s.

Mines the 6 Speed Manual.

I know from reading that this was an issue, however from what I could gather VW had fixed it back in 2020 (Which I'm thinking is likely not the case).

Jabba46

Oh no, this has been on ongoing issue with the 1.5 engines mated with the manual transmission for years. My wife had a T-Roc a few years back with that configuration and we eventually rejected the car.