A3 1.4 tfsi air conditioner fault

doce

Reaction score
I have a strange problem with my AC and it's driving me crazy especially now during hot days. I can not turn on AC, compressor or fans not kicking on. The first thing I thought there is no refrigerant but after regassing still nothing changed. Next I checked the fuses and every fuse is working, also I have 12v on G65 sensor connector. Last thing and most interesting, I replaced G65 pressure sensor but now ECON button is permanent ON and I can't turn it off, also AC still not working and I got trouble code 00819 high pressure sensor - open or short to ground. Again, I replace new sensor with old one, ECON button working fine but AC still not kicking on. This is really confusing, I do not know what to do. Is it possible to check sensor with multimeter for ressistance, etc? Maybe I purchased defective sensor on arrival. Can it be something else, ofc except compressor itself? The fans on the condenser working fine, after longer drive I can hear them but on cold engine start when I try to enable AC, fans and compressor not turning on, I have just hot air. This is really really frustrating.

Small update, after a while and some testing, researching, conclusion is that the compressor is probably dead. Everything is fine with wiring, fuses, sensors, etc but with compressor bypassed and connected directly to the battery, everything is same and compressor not kicking on. So, now it can be just 2 things, compressor itself or ac clutch/spool whathever 1K0820859N has. It would be very useful for me if someone had a similar problem. I found that part from NRF for 40 eur or maybe it will be better to change whole compressor? I also found a new Valeo compressor for 250 eur.