A1 Stereo Replacement

sam1809

Reaction score
Hi, I am brand new to the forum and know nothing about cars, I’ve searched but couldn’t find any previous questions relating. I have also contacted a few garages who have not been helpful at all. I have just bought a 65 plate A1 and it has the very basic stereo without Bluetooth or sat nav.

What are my options to getting at least Bluetooth fitted? Is it possible to just replace the stereo with a pioneer or something similar? Seems like getting the entire thing upgraded at Audi would cost thousands? But I’m reading that the head unit is linked to many car features which may prevent swapping the stereo in its entirety. Any help would be great, thanks

Yeah, does your car have AMI connection? You could use that

Or always an aux connection

Otherwise something like tune2air will just play whatever comes out of your phone, music, calls

And so if I use tune2air, does it use the speakers in my phone? Will the sound quality be a bit rubbish?

How do I check if I have an AMI connection?

No it'll transmit it via bluetooth to your car speakers :)

AMI will be in the glovebox

Even though my car has no Bluetooth?! I have no idea what I’m doing.

Nothing in the glovebox at all!

Do you have any connections already in the car such as usb, audi connector socket or sd card slots? Armed with that info go onto the 'in car entertainment' forum on here and have a read through. You might also try different manufacturer sites such as Kufatec, tune2air and a whole range of other sites that will show you the options for your car and year.
Don't forget the retrofit people such as DJAlix@VagCar coding (on here) who I am pretty sure would be able to provide something to solve your problem.