1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A1 Sat nav

alexx85 Mar 16, 2018

1. alexx85

alexx85 New Member

Hi all
    Just another dumb question. I have 61 plate a1 and when i push "nav" button it comes up with nav system not available.
    Is there a way i can update it myself and not paying stealership 500+ just to activate it?
    I have added my firmware details if it helps.
    Thank You all in advance

Regards Alex [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Gm95

Gm95 Member Team Dolphin Grey TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 quattro Sportback Manual

Is there an SD card in Slot 1? As far as I am aware, this SD card with the maps needs to be inserted and then the Sat Nav function needs to be turned on using VCDS.

Other than paying a stealer, you could look at retrofitters who could do this fairly quickly or look for an SD card with the maps yourself online ( be careful where from) and code it on if you have VCDS yourself or find someone nearby to you on the forum to help with that bit.

As I said though, this is how it works as far as I'm aware, unless someone knows more about it than I do.

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Cannot be activated via VCDS unfortunately. To activated RMC unit based Navigation you will need to source a new and unused data card and have this activated via an authorised VW group 3rd party or dealership.

Here is what the licence pack for the A1 looks like:

IMG_4282.jpg IMG_4373.jpg

The document you see on the left contains the 3 activation codes which are needed in order to licence and turn on the navigation feature. This is done via the official VW Group diagnostic application via an online connection back to the authentication and database servers in Germany.

Gm95 likes this.
  4. mpw2081

mpw2081 Member

I'e got a deal from Audi Warrington, £299 inc 30 point vehicle inspection wash and vacume

5. mpw2081

mpw2081 Member

Sorry that inc sat nav for mmi