1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A1 sat nav

dallo Aug 31, 2017

1. dallo

dallo Member

My wife has just collected her 2017 a1 s line but it has no sat nav but has 2 sd card slots can I just purchase the sd card with sat nav and use it?thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. daydotz

daydotz Member

No it needs to be activated by Audi £500ish

4. Graham555

Graham555 Member

Hi,

I would go back to the dealer and have a conversation about adding this, and ask for a sensible price! The price when ordering the car is £570 and I'm sure it's the same after delivery. The package includes a SD card with maps, licence and activation by Audi. It's the licence that is the essential part. You can buy the SD Maps on eBay, but it's useless without the licence!

Good luck

5. Matt6494

Matt6494 Member

Does anyone know if updating is as simple as getting hold of a newer SD card once it's all activated and working? Or do you have to go back to Audi?

What I mean is can I pop out my 2016 SD and pop in a 2017 SD without any issues, or is it the physical SD card that needs activation rather than the MMI hardware?

6. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S tronic S-line owners group

7. mpw2081

mpw2081 Member

Audi Warrington have done me a deal for sat nav £299 all in inc vehicle check that' for me is good price

8. dallo

dallo Member

Will enquirer at my local Audi if not may give Warrington a ring thanks

9. mpw2081

mpw2081 Member

So called offers on a1 not sure if it' across the dealer range or just part of this group