A1 Retro-fit Folding Mirrors

Matt6494

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forum. Does anyone know of a company in the South West that can retro-fit folding door mirrors.

Thanks!

I don't but I was disappointed with the ones we had fitted as new from the factory to my wife's car, as they don't auto fold in when you lock the car, and can't be made to do same. You have to remember to use the switch to fold them in before removing the ignition key.

Very disappointed that they don't fold like other Audi's do when you lock the car.

So if you are expecting auto fold - they don't!!!!

I don't but I was disappointed with the ones we had fitted as new from the factory to my wife's car, as they don't auto fold in when you lock the car, and can't be made to do same. You have to remember to use the switch to fold them in before removing the ignition key.

Very disappointed that they don't fold like other Audi's do when you lock the car.

So if you are expecting auto fold - they don't!!!!

I know you can get them coded to fold on locking using VCDS

Reactions: HawkeyeS3
What? Then why the heck don't Audi make them do this in the first place (was always surprised by this in all honesty, as clearly with all the electrics and "folding" mechanisms in place, it should be possible).

Ok, job for New Year to research this! Thanks Matt6494!!!

Thanks! Yeah I've found them before but can't justify £850 for mirrors! Especially when they pop up on Ebay now and then for £250 for a set.

So I've got a good quote from the parts request system for a new set. My only question is do I need new door control units?

The very nice chap who did the parts request quote said he could only find 1 mirror control module and it's the one I already have, but I thought there was a difference in connectors between the normal heated electrically adjustable (6 pin connector) and heated folding mirrors (8 pin connector)

Any help or advice would be great!